Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

The NGX received it's fist major update in 18+ months!

5 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

the NGX received it's fist major update in 18+ months as well as the addition of the awaited Prepar3D v4 compatibility

Would like to know what the "major update in 18+ months" are?

• Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

All I can say she looks great, maiden voyage kord to kmem seen some problems but i'm sure it will get worked out.  

25 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Would like to know what the "major update in 18+ months" are?

The Major update is the one you are downloading. P3dv4 compatibility and other fixes

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

54 minutes ago, Olympic260 said:

The Major update is the one you are downloading. P3dv4 compatibility and other fixes

He's probably asking for the "other fixes" list..

Yes it implies a "major update" making the 777 and 747 v4 was not called a "major update".

I'am far more interested in what "major update" to the ng are? not what platform update it can now run in.

• Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

For me as a home cockpit developer, the major update is that the state (light / no light) of the virtual cockpit's annunciators  are reflected in the SDK VARIABLES. Before this major update this was not always true. This has been a long time lasting BUG. Now it's killed. 

Thanks to PMDG for killing this annoying BUG. 

• Upvote 2

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3

9 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Yes it implies a "major update" making the 777 and 747 v4 was not called a "major update".

I'am far more interested in what "major update" to the ng are? not what platform update it can now run in.

Because the 777 and 747 are much newer than the NGX. I am guessing bugs reported by the Beta team and customers over the 18+ months were fixed. I do not believe a full list will be available

Chris Makris

Here's the changelog taken from the ops center:

CHANGE LOG RTM 1.20.8389 - 0000000: Initial compatibility release for Prepar3D v4. - VARIOUS: Two years of accumulated minor changes from Prepar3D v3 versions since previous update. Complete list may be released at later date. - VARIOUS: Product efficiencies and improvements.

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

I haven't installed it yet, but maybe some current day liveries too on the livery downloader?

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

18 minutes ago, Luis_KMIA said:

I haven't installed it yet, but maybe some current day liveries too on the livery downloader?

If you mean if there are any liveried updates on the OC not with that update. There might was some in the past. You can always select the variant you want on the OC and see the current liveries

Chris Makris

10 minutes ago, Olympic260 said:

If you mean if there are any liveried updates on the OC not with that update. There might was some in the past. You can always select the variant you want on the OC and see the current liveries

I noticed PMDG put some new ones like the United 777-300ER with the 777X product.  Since the 2011 release of the NGX, there have obviously been livery changes on some airlines as well as new customers.  So including them would be a nice touch.  Looking forward to installing it later today.  The 747 and 777 are performing beautifully on P3Dv4!

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

1 hour ago, Ioan92 said:

Here's the changelog taken from the ops center:

Two years of accumulated minor changes 

Minor Changers, lol I should have guessed PMDG would call this "major" I will add that to PMDG phase book, along with PMDG "Soon" etc. rs is in a league of his own when it comes to the use of words.

"major" would have been new front windscreens or WX uploads etc.......

• Upvote 1

Bitter, :laugh:

just a bit disappointed don't go jumping to silly conclusion 

After installing the NGX it was awesome to fly!. I really don't care the specific what fixes they have done. Simply because I know they are a very very detail developer and has been that way from the get go. This is why I don't sweat the small stuff I let them worry about that and I will keep flying. They are the best in the business in MHO, I am definitely getting my money worth.

Thank you PMDG!!!

David