Sign in to follow this  
AdiR

No external lights illuminating ground when dynamic lighting disabled

33 minutes ago, Cargostorm said:

Try 2x MSAA in the sim and 2x SGSS in the Nvidia Inspector. That should help without making dynamic lighting on a slide show.

Try 8x MSAA + either 8x Supersampling or 2x Sparse Grid Supersampling in the inspector and turn on Nvidia FXAA.

Then fire up Photoshop, get the DDS tool and batch add mipmaps to all your textures.

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

3 hours ago, Cargostorm said:

Try 2x MSAA in the sim and 2x SGSS in the Nvidia Inspector. That should help without making dynamic lighting on a slide show.

Thanks for that suggestion Chris, I'll certainly give it a try. I haven't tried using NI with this sim yet so it may be worth having a look at some of the settings in there.

Cheers

Stu

Stuart Furley

23 minutes ago, stufer said:

Thanks for that suggestion Chris, I'll certainly give it a try. I haven't tried using NI with this sim yet so it may be worth having a look at some of the settings in there.

Cheers

Stu

At least with my setup it is a good compromise. I have still texture shimmering, but not as bad as with 8x MSAA alone and not an fps impact as with any of the SSAA modes.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

Hello dear!

I understand that paid not a lot of money to demand the fulfillment of all my wishes.But... Agree that the right decision for the PMDG team, if they gave us Simmern, choice. If anyone uses dynamic light, please, here such textures. Do not use - other textures. And there would be no problems. Frankly, I don't want to dance shamanic dances with a tambourine, changing MSAA and SSAA...

Not all have top-end computers, and the product from PMDG is really nice and the bulk is very popular.

Please, listen to us, the users of Your great product. And that is to fly only in the afternoon... Which is not good for us.

• Upvote 1

So us SSAA, SGAA users now seem to have the choice of a black runway
or low teen FPS. Wonderful.

gb.

• Upvote 1

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

I agree with the both of you, this is a poor design choice. What happened to the lighting system used on the FSX 777 anyway? There was nothing wrong with it. You could increase the price of the addon to 200$ and add support for non dynamic lights and I would buy it. Again.

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

1 hour ago, gboz said:

So us SSAA, SGAA users now seem to have the choice of a black runway
or low teen FPS. Wonderful.

gb.

Or not use SSAA like the majority of others, and have a lit up runway and good performance

21 minutes ago, PMDG777 said:

Or not use SSAA like the majority of others, and have a lit up runway and good performance

Eh, the lighting is pretty dim anyway. Guess having it all dark isn't such a disaster. :cool:

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

Basically you have the following options:

• Dynamic Lighting
  • SSAA setting
  • Good performance

You can only choose two of them at a time.

Take your pick... I'm not sure, that I agree with the term 'poor design choice'. They've made this on purpose and I suspect there's a reason why they've scrapped the old system in favor of the new.
There must be a reason why it's not possible to incorporate both systems. My guess would be, that it likely would mean two different models and base-texture sets. That would drive up the download size of the aircraft considerably. I'm certain that they didn't made the choice just so they could antagonize their customers... 

This whole discussion reminds me of the AA + Clouds + bad performance, which has intensely discussed some time ago... 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

I'm having an other issue regarding dynamic lightning: yesterday i installed the NGX and made a short check. I'm using EZDOK and TrackIR and when i turn the head the dynamic lightning of the landing lights, taxi lights etc. seems to turn off in different angles.

Will do further tests but maybe someone else has also seen this.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

7 hours ago, Ioan92 said:

Eh, the lighting is pretty dim anyway. Guess having it all dark isn't such a disaster. :cool:

Yes I agree, its quite dark.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

By the way, the default aircraft in P3D v4 present external lights illuminating ground when dynamic lighting is disabled. Why PMDG team does not give us a choice?

• Upvote 2

On 7/12/2017 at 6:59 PM, Anders Bermann said:

I'm using 2xMSAA with no FXAA... 

Do you have a 4K monitor ...?

Terblanche Jordaan

On 7/13/2017 at 9:19 AM, JoeFackel said:

I'm having an other issue regarding dynamic lightning: yesterday i installed the NGX and made a short check. I'm using EZDOK and TrackIR and when i turn the head the dynamic lightning of the landing lights, taxi lights etc. seems to turn off in different angles.

Will do further tests but maybe someone else has also seen this.

Yes, this happened to me today.  I landed at KMSP 30L and had no illumination of the runway.  When I turned off onto the taxiway the ground was partially illuminated but the landing light on the right side would blink off and on.  I switched to an external view and the landing light went dark each time the anti-collision light blinked on.  It was like the anti-collision light was trying to cast a shadow that was overriding the landing light.  At a different place (passing terminal B on the way to C) with only the taxi light, the ground wasn't illuminated unless I switched to an external view and panned around toward the front of the aircraft. When I panned toward the back the ground went dark again.  I shut down for the night and didn't try any variations of settings.

Larry

i9-9900k@5.0 HT, Maximus XI Code, 16GB TridentZ @ 4000, 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra Hydro, ekwb EK-KIT P360 water, 4K@30, W10 Pro, P3D v5.0

20 minutes ago, LRW said:

Yes, this happened to me today.  I landed at KMSP 30L and had no illumination of the runway.  When I turned off onto the taxiway the ground was partially illuminated but the landing light on the right side would blink off and on.  I switched to an external view and the landing light went dark each time the anti-collision light blinked on.  It was like the anti-collision light was trying to cast a shadow that was overriding the landing light.  At a different place (passing terminal B on the way to C) with only the taxi light, the ground wasn't illuminated unless I switched to an external view and panned around toward the front of the aircraft. When I panned toward the back the ground went dark again.  I shut down for the night and didn't try any variations of settings.

Hmm  I've never seen that before. Was this at a third party scenery or a default airport? Is it the same at default?