Sign in to follow this  
KeithHodkinson

Liveries in latest NGX for P3Dv4

Just a question regarding liveries. I am about to uninstall NGX for P3dV3 so that i can reinstall for both v3 and v4. I think I have some liveries which were installed manually, and not from the PMDG liveries manager. Presumably I will lose all liveries on uninstall.  My question is: can I just install my liveries manually from copies of the textures folders that I have taken from v3 (with appropriate adjustments to aircraft.cfg files) - will these be compatible with the v4 product?

Keith Hodkinson

The v3 liveries are compatible with v4.  When you install with your NGX v3/v4 installer the OC will repair all the v3 liveries if you allow it, you will not lose those.  The NGX in v4 will not have any addon liveries, these are installed separately from v3.  However, since they are already downloaded all you have to do is use the OC  (please don't do it manually) and the download manager will take 5 sec to install each livery.  Use the add buttons as before to add liveries downloaded from other sources to install the ptp container, again it only takes a few seconds.  This is much faster than manual installs.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks Dan, I wasn't aware (and am sure many others aren't!)  that you could effectively upload other liveries to the liveries manager.

Keith Hodkinson

1 hour ago, KeithHodkinson said:

Thanks Dan, I wasn't aware (and am sure many others aren't!)  that you could effectively upload other liveries to the liveries manager.

Keith Hodkinson

In the OC on the Livery Manager screen there is a big green +-plus button labeled Click to Add, and above it Add/Remove Livery.  If you missed that I highly recommend you click on the big ?-question mark up on the title bar and browse the OC manual.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hey guys, i’m currently struggling with p3dv4 and pmdg 737ngx, recently upgraded from p3dv3. All was working great in V3. But in v4, external view partially missing fuselage textures so you can see the pax seats. And engine cowling transparent so you can see the inside of teust reverser, even oart of the wings are transparent, flap track and spoiler actuators visible....any suggestions?? 

Thanks a lot!!