Sign in to follow this  
Paladin

Please help a septuagenarian

Thanks for the info Bill.  I may even give Olivers' utility a crack tomorrow as I have decided to reinstall everything and start from scratch.  Who knows, it may even make sense, but backups of my backups - and then some :) - seems to [mostly] keep me out of trouble.  Got to run, SWMBO has advised that I must get off the net soon.  Cheers now.  Best Regards to ALL posters.

Maurice.

Very Best Wishes,

Dr T. Maurice Murphy

10 hours ago, Paladin said:

Thanks for the info Bill.  I may even give Olivers' utility a crack tomorrow as I have decided to reinstall everything and start from scratch.  Who knows, it may even make sense, but backups of my backups - and then some :) - seems to [mostly] keep me out of trouble.  Got to run, SWMBO has advised that I must get off the net soon.  Cheers now.  Best Regards to ALL posters.

Maurice.

You're welcome.

I forgot to mention - the util also created a further two XMLs for RAF Valley, JF's Traffic 360 and a local landmark - Winter Hill transmitter mast. I was worried that my 'layers' wouldn't be correct - but Oliver has cracked it - the separate XMLs are parsed by v4 on startup and the (temporary ?) Scenery.cfg that P3d creates sorts the layers correctly.

I like it - just imagine - all that batch copying, and re-writing all my cfg files is history when LM release their updates !

Many thanks, Oliver ! (I'd like to place a 'Clapping - Well Done' emoticon here - but the new Avsim software has 'lost' it...)

Regards

Bill