Sign in to follow this  
MarkSC

P3D v 4 Installation Cannot Continue

I am trying to install using the new v4 installer from Aerosoft.  I know that it is the correct installer (or at least assume so) because of the readme file that addresses v4 and the file date.  I am getting the error that installation cannot continue because "your registry does not show a valid P3D installation location." I verified that the registry is pointing to the correct location for P3D v4.  There are no other P3D installs.  I verified that NGX was uninstalled (it had been for many months and no longer shows in the add/remove programs or the registry). I rebooted the computer.  Am I missing some other step?   

Mark Neath

Just now, MarkSC said:

I am trying to install using the new v4 installer from Aerosoft.  I know that it is the correct installer (or at least assume so) because of the readme file that addresses v4 and the file date.  I am getting the error that installation cannot continue because "your registry does not show a valid P3D installation location." I verified that the registry is pointing to the correct location for P3D v4.  There are no other P3D installs.  I verified that NGX was uninstalled (it had been for many months and no longer shows in the add/remove programs or the registry). I rebooted the computer.  Am I missing some other step?   

Mark Neath

Aerosoft won't get the installers to Wednesday, please refer to Robert's pinned announcement thread in the general forum.

Um, today is Wednesday.  it is indeed the new installer.  Please advise.

2 hours ago, PMDG777 said:

Aerosoft won't get the installers to Wednesday, please refer to Robert's pinned announcement thread in the general forum.

Um, today is Wednesday.  it is indeed the new installer.  Please advise.

The installer I used is shown as P3D v4 on the Aerosoft web site, and I confirmed that it is the new installer.  A few more facts for background: I previously owned P3D v3 and 737NG but uninstalled both a few months ago when moving to XPlane.  I now own P3D v4, which is installed to E:\P3D v4.  I checked the registry and made sure that P3D v3 and v2 folders were deleted, so only P3D v4 remains.  The install path in the registry for Lockheed Martin/P3D v4 correctly shows my P3D v4 folder as the install location.  Please advise.  Thanks.

Mark Neath 

Hello good afternoon

I have the same problem as the companion MarkSC I downloaded the latest version in aerosoft there will be a solution to the problem

thank you

Thanks.  Although Aerosoft did not change the time stamp on the new file from the one I previously downloaded, a redownload of the file from the German mirror site solved the problem.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, MarkSC said:

Thanks.  Although Aerosoft did not change the time stamp on the new file from the one I previously downloaded, a redownload of the file from the German mirror site solved the problem.

Thank you very much it will touch wait that aerosoft update the installer

If you're trying to install the -600/700, the installers won't be available til later this per PMDG's FB post.

Jan-Michael Allen