Sign in to follow this  
flynman33

Nvidia Control Panel and P3D v4

26 minutes ago, SteveW said:

Don't use any of that, leave it up to P3D Display Settings. Default/Apply the profile in NVidia Control Panel.

Hi steve

im bloody confused mate.

so i have my 4K TV set at 30hz 

ncp only setting

performance mode = maximum performance

P3d settings

unlimited fps

tb on

vsync on

and AF 116 in cfg

now do I need to also set FPS at 29.5 in nvidia inspector?

or leave it as is?

thanks

mike

1 hour ago, SteveW said:

Don't use any of that, leave it up to P3D Display Settings. Default/Apply the profile in NVidia Control Panel.

thanks

14ppkc-6.png

2 hours ago, mikeymike said:

im bloody confused mate.

Why? The 30Hz monitor and VSync=On and Unlimited fps on the slider provides a pretty good setup. However, it's not a limiter and the output wavers. You might see 25-35fps or maybe 27-33fps depending on performance and settings. Going into NPI and setting the fps limiter to just below the 30Hz of the monitor provides more throughput to the system and improves frame coincidence. Check out the graph earlier. Not much in it, it's an option we can try. Another is setting 30 on the slider, that's smoother still but uses more system throughput.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

1 hour ago, tooting said:

thanks

You might be using NPI to alter AA strength or do a few things, but those NPI VSync adjustments don't help since it's all under control of the system.

So we set everything we have available in the P3D settings page. Only if it's not available in P3D do we need to bring out NPI.

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 9:41 AM, baxterbj said:

Hi SteveW,

Some advice Please?

I'm Brian, I'm running P3dV4.1, with a lot of ORBX, MCE, AS4, ASCA, Chase Plane, PTA and ENVTEX, UTlive. Hyper threading on, AM 244, Process Lasso.

I have P3d to run from Core 2 to 7, and all the add-on`s to run from 0 to 1.

My frame rate is set to 36. Most settings are high, Vsync=On

My system is i7 7700K OC to 4.6, GPU  GeForce GTX 1080 TI (Minimal OC), 32 gig of 3200 DDR4 ram.

I run three Asus ROG Strix 27" curved gaming screens 144Hz, with a small 60Hz screen for my map.

My fps on average out of YPPH are 24 and drop to 17 until I have cleared the city and airport then they go up to 34.

Just prior to actually Vertical speed and taking off,  when MCE states V1, I get a small freeze, throughout most flights I get small stutters, nothing too dramatic, no blurriness.

Is there anything I should be doing differently in NVidia Inspector, or with my settings to avoid these stutters, or increase fps or smoothness

Regards

Brian Baxter (BJ from OZ)

Hi Steve,

I see you are extremely busy and in great demand, any advice on my post from yesterday, or do you need more information?

Kind Regards

Brian

Yes, please refer back to my post regarding sequence of setup, go through those steps and get a feel of what's going on there.

Steve , would FTFF = 0.1 or 0.15 help instead of 0.01 when ecperiencing AG batchloading stutters near major cities with lots of AG , custom objects and a detailed airport ( like EDDF ) ?

Alteady I use AG set to normal for those areas and the SC at normal .

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 9:11 AM, SteveW said:

Use the nvidiaProfileInspector fps limiter in P3D:

In the sim Display Settings set fps to Unlimited VSync=Off and set sliders far enough left so that we can observe (shift-Z) the sim running easily at more than the monitor refresh frequency.

Set VSync=On and observe the fps is now running at approximately the monitor refresh frequency say 60Hz for example.

Making a profile: Right-click - NVidia Control Panel - Manage 3D Settings, Global Settings, Default, Apply - Program Settings, select Prepar3D (add and point to v4 .exe), temporarily we are going to change vertical sync to off to create a new profile for nvidiaProfileInspector.exe (basically changing anything creates the new profile), Apply, Exit.

Start nvidiaProfileInspector.exe and select the Prepar3D profile, set vsync back to app controlled, set fps limit to 29.5 - Apply.

Start the sim and is limited to ~30, we can add some stability with VSync=On, we can also try  TP=On for more consistent fps.

SteveW,

I have set mine as per your quote, it looks and feels great.

My monitors are Gaming 144Hz, do I need to reduce the frequency down, if it feels and looks smooth?

My Monitors will only go down to 50Hz. 

Brian

5 hours ago, GSalden said:

Steve , would FTFF = 0.1 or 0.15 help instead of 0.01 when ecperiencing AG batchloading stutters near major cities with lots of AG , custom objects and a detailed airport ( like EDDF ) ?

Alteady I use AG set to normal for those areas and the SC at normal .

Why not try, I'm thinking there will be little or no difference, comes down to the weight of numbers anyway. Backing off is the only way.

5 hours ago, baxterbj said:

SteveW,

I have set mine as per your quote, it looks and feels great.

My monitors are Gaming 144Hz, do I need to reduce the frequency down, if it feels and looks smooth?

My Monitors will only go down to 50Hz. 

Brian

With higher frequency monitors the next frame is displayed sooner after the buffer is complete since there's less time between. With 30Hz and below that's getting too slow for using a mouse comfortably as it will drag but still be quite a fast fps for the type of sim that P3D is. With 144Hz that's too much to expect for P3D to keep up with so a division of that can be used effectively, With latest PCs we should be able to use fixed fps on the slider for 20-30 fps. With 144Hz monitor we would select 144/5=28.8 so 28fps on the slider might work well or set a limit in NPI at 28.5. With higher fps there's less time between frames, this makes it appear more fluid because the time between frames appears to be more consistent to us. If we use 30fps or less it becomes much more important to keep the time between frames consistent or we see it, which the fixed fps on the slider can do. Only way to find out is experiment because systems are so vastly different no one can say set this or that is going to be better until it's tried out. Don't make settings set too high, they might appear fluid but then slow down as the scenery complexity changes because there's no overhead capacity in the system. Then making changes to AMs and other things doesn't work because the sim is flat-lined somewhere.

• Upvote 1

Steve,

Thank you so much for getting back to me, I’ll try the new settings tomorrow.

I feel the 29.5 on the NPI, and 30 on the Sim is close, as it’s very smooth no stutters, but I’ll set the limit of 28.5 on the NPI and 29 on P3d slider. 

Thanks again

Brian

Hello Steve,

there are these "instructions" then in German? Unfortunately I can not speak English, so I have to go with Googletranslator. which does not always translate well to 100%

I normally google things where I do not know. But I became a father for the first time on 06.12.17 and had therefore asked for the sake of simplicity here.

Where would I find the German text

Many thanks for your valuable help.

Best regards

Urs

40 minutes ago, Ursli80 said:

Hello Steve,

there are these "instructions" then in German? Unfortunately I can not speak English, so I have to go with Googletranslator. which does not always translate well to 100%

I normally google things where I do not know. But I became a father for the first time on 06.12.17 and had therefore asked for the sake of simplicity here.

Where would I find the German text

Many thanks for your valuable help.

Best regards

Urs

Hi Urs, you will not find this in German, I have an idea why you don't contact @guenseli he is very friendly and speaks German and might be able to read Steve instructions and give you proper steps so you can get your system sorted.

Regards,
Simbol

Tell me which instruction you would like to have translated and I will quickly do it for you, as long as it is not pages of text...

• Upvote 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

I'll try my very best ;)

• Upvote 1

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------