Sign in to follow this  
jornov

FMC Flight plans from P3D v3 to v4

Good morning, gentlemen:

I am happy to know that my beloved B737 is already available for P3D V4. I count the minutes to get home to install it. Now I have a doubt: As I can migrate from V3 to V4 all my flight plans loaded in the FMC ?, I have more than 150 very well tuned. Thanks for some help. If possible step by step.

Regards

Jorge Novelo

From what I have read here, flight plans created for P3Dv3 will work just fine in P3Dv4.  Just copy the .rte and/or .rt2 files from your //.. Prepar3D V3\PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS folder to your //.. Prepar3Dv4/FLIGHTPLANS folder.

Edit: Note: If you have flight plans are specifically for either the NGX, 777, or 747, you can place them in their respective sub-folders in PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS folder.

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

Thank you for trying to help me, unfortunately it did not work. It seems that the solution is not so simple. I would like this to be seen by an expert member to advise us. I guess I will not be the only one in this situation.

4 minutes ago, jornov1 said:

Thank you for trying to help me, unfortunately it did not work. It seems that the solution is not so simple. I would like this to be seen by an expert member to advise us. I guess I will not be the only one in this situation.

If copying the files from v3 to the same folders in v4 did not work then it isn't compatible and you'll have to recreate. 

Unfortunately, I think you're right. I copied the files from V3 to V4 right on the same site. Already inside the simulator to see the FlightPlans available in the FMC these appear. But when trying to load one of them the FMC go to black screen trying to load it and nothing happen. At some point someone from PMDG support commented that this would be possible. I hope so. 

Regards

Jorge Novelo

Let me clarify.  I use PFPX to create flight plans (.rte) for use with all three of my PMDG tube liners.  I created many for use in P3Dv3, and every single one of them works 100% fine when I put them into the P3Dv4 PMDG aircraft.  They are 100% compatible. In fact, I still use the latest version of PFPX (has not yet been updated for P3Dv4) to create all my new flight plans for P3Dv4.  This is the same version of PFPX I used to create all the flight plans for P3Dv3.

Situation files (.fxml) are different.  If you have saved scenario (situation) files from PMDG products in P3Dv3, they will definitely NOT work in P3Dv4 versions of PMDG products.  This sounds more like what you are trying to do here, but I can't know for sure.

Sorry if my former answer was confusing, but I can assure you, flight plans that were created and worked in the PMDG FMCs for P3Dv3 will work in PMDG FMC's for P3Dv4.  I just performed this test again, twice, before making this post.

• Upvote 1

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

1 hour ago, dmiannay said:

... but I can assure you, flight plans that were created and worked in the PMDG FMCs for P3Dv3 will work in PMDG FMC's for P3Dv4.  I just performed this test again, twice, before making this post.

It also worked for me, no problems at all.

Jürgen Martens, DK7HN

I do not know the program you use to work out the plans. I do them directly in the FMC and I save them via "SAVE", these plans are saved with the state of the airplane. I see that there are three files .sav, .fmc and .rte these files I have copied them to their similar file from v3 to v4. Thank you if you indicate step by step what you have done.

Regards

Jorge - The *.rte file is the actual flight plan with all your way points.  When you save a flight plan you've created in the FMC, it saves the flight plan as an *.rte file in the PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS directory, or, if you desire, one of the specific sub-folders for that specific vehicle type (either 777, 747, or NGX).  

When you go into the FMC/RTE page and click on "Route Request" (LSK 3L) you will be taken to the "REQUEST CO ROUTE" page.  There you will see sub-folders for the PMDG aircraft you have installed (e.g., 777, 747, and/or NGX) as well as a GENERIC heading.  When you click on the LSK next to "GENERIC" it will show you the *.rte flight plans that are physically stored in the PMDG/FLIGHTPLANS folder.  

If you copy an *.rte flight plan file from your P3Dv3 installation and place it in the Prepar3D v4\PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS folder, it should show up in the FMC list after you press the LSK next to "GENERIC", as I stated above, and it will load normally.  

The .sav and .fmc files are PMDG configuration files used for saving your panel states in PMDG aircraft.  For example, NGX aircraft panel states are located in the PMDG\PMDG 737 NGX\Panelstate folder.  These files ARE NOT compatible between P3Dv3 and P3Dv4.  Restating this, you cannot use a .sav or .fmc file created in P3Dv3 in your P3Dv4 installation.  If you try to load a v3 version in the v4 FMC, it will hang the FMC with a black screen and you'll have to close out the aircraft.

Doug Miannay

Doug:

I followed your recommendations and I was able to recover my flight plans. I will gradually reconstruct the situations related to each plan. This is much less work. I appreciate your help and I send you best regards.

Jorge Novelo

Very glad to hear this, Jorge.  Keep the blue skies up!

Doug Miannay