Sign in to follow this  
vp49p3

PTA and Envtex Integration

Hello

I just purchased PTA and Envtex and have gone through the manuals and forums, but just can't find a clear answer to my questions.  I also use AS4 and ASCA in P3dv4.

What's the order of installation into P3dv4 of PTA and Envtex?  Do I install the Envtex textures and then the PTA preset?  Do I install the PTA set and then the Envtex textures?  There is also a box in the Envtex settings for a path to PTA presets.  Do I put the path to the PTA preset in Envtex and load Envtex without using the PA interface?   Do I also use the PTA interface in that instance?

I also noticed in the recent update to Envtex a few days ago there are a number of PTA presets included.  I presume these are the recommended PTA presets for use with Envtex?

I'm confused on the mechanics of integrating these two great programs with AS4 and ASCA..

Thanks for any assistance.

Jay

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

Hi, it doesn't strictly matter what order you install, as they both do different things, with Envtex handling the textures and PTA handling the shaders modifications. The path to PTA within Envtex simply allows it to then install a folder into your PTA root folder with the PTAbsolute presets for you to use in PTA. If you didn't own PTA, i believe Envtex would attempt to install it's shader mods directly in the sim itself should you want it to. So in your case, point Envtex to your PTA folder, and then use PTA to install it's presets if you wish, or use your own etc. If you do you use the PTAbsolute presets, make sure you choose the relevant version!

In regards to integrating with ASCA, again, point Envtex to the ASCA root folder and it will do the rest, assuming you choose to install its sky textures. With the Envtext/ASCA drop down menu options, choose Envtex only and this will force ASCA to only use the Envtex sky textures which are way better than ASCA's own. Put ASCA into Full Dynamics mode and enjoy. They really are pretty cool!

On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 4:36 AM, stripealipe said:

Hi, it doesn't strictly matter what order you install, as they both do different things, with Envtex handling the textures and PTA handling the shaders modifications. The path to PTA within Envtex simply allows it to then install a folder into your PTA root folder with the PTAbsolute presets for you to use in PTA. If you didn't own PTA, i believe Envtex would attempt to install it's shader mods directly in the sim itself should you want it to. So in your case, point Envtex to your PTA folder, and then use PTA to install it's presets if you wish, or use your own etc. If you do you use the PTAbsolute presets, make sure you choose the relevant version!

In regards to integrating with ASCA, again, point Envtex to the ASCA root folder and it will do the rest, assuming you choose to install its sky textures. With the Envtext/ASCA drop down menu options, choose Envtex only and this will force ASCA to only use the Envtex sky textures which are way better than ASCA's own. Put ASCA into Full Dynamics mode and enjoy. They really are pretty cool!

Thank you very much, stripealipe.  It's appreciated.

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.