Sign in to follow this  
FTD1949

FS9 and FSUIPC.dll problem

My problem started a few days ago when after years of flying FS9 the scenery objects would no longer load. I renamed Flight simulator 9 to Flight simulator 9old and FS9 to FS9old and installed a new FS9 on same HD. Proceeded to transfer several of my add-on scenery folders and reinstalled several pay-ware aircraft. Unfortunately I noticed a big drop in FPS (50%) with the new install and FSUIPC.dll installed. After further review I found out when I deleted the FSUIPC.dll from the module folder and started FS 9 my frame rates increased and scenery objects load faster but still not up to par with the older setup. Since I still had two FS9s on my HD, I decided to rename and start up my original FS9 without the FSUIPC.dll Presto, it worked but still not as good prior to when all of this started. Now with all that said I have three questions (1) Have I really messed up my registry by switching back and forth between the two FS9 and (2) why all of sudden it appears that when I install FSUIPC.dll ,scenery either will not load or loads slowly and drop in FPS? (Without FSUIPC installed, scenery objects load with no problem and FPS improves somewaht). I am not using a registered FSUIP but a 2004 version which is what I have been using in the old setup in order to have certain planes to work properly. I have done a scan for any FSUIPC duplicates, checked scenery priorities, used new FS.config..and finally (3) To delete my old FS9 do I just go ahead and delete the Flight sim 9old Folder and the FS9old Folder?Sorry for being so wordy, I just hope the above makes some kinda sense that someone might could help.Thanks for reading this post.Carl

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Guest Tophatter

Have you downloaded and installed the latest version of FSUIPC? v3.53? It is possible that during the course of install of your addons that one of them loaded an older version of FSUIPC and some programs designed for the later version are unable to run.Bud

Yes,I have tried the older version as well as the most recent. No change. However I just finished installing PMG 737 and it installed an 03 version, which does load the scenery; but the fps are terrible.(3 to 5). I usually get 13-15 at KSEA with the 737.Thanks,Carl

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Guest lamont

Try deleting the fsiupc.ini file. Also make sure you don't have two.

Frequently it is not FSUIPC that slows down processing but something that may use it. Without that the something slowing things down may not start.

Ron, this is a different subject, but I think a good idea would be to form a FS Club in Mpls, where the more experienced guys could help th newer ones so they could get up to speed faster and also solve problemsI was extremely lucky to have met a very smart fellos who has mentored me so I know feel fairly comfortable downloading and fixing the multitude of problems and advice on what stuff to buy......I would have been in the dark ages without this help....would think there are more of us in and around Mpls......any thoughts??? Dick Leonard

Hey, I'll be passing through KMSP at the end of March. Maybe I'll stop in for a fast one.BobKGGF

Ron,I agree it does appear that it must be something else not working with FSUIPC. I use active camera which I believes uses FSUIPC and also PMDG. and other aircraft. I am afraid I have probably messed things up pretty bad by now, since; I have two versions installed and have switched back and forth. Both ran but at times the fps would be normal initally and after a few minutes they drop to 5 - 8 fps. Something is not happy. So I think I am ready to start from scratch,which I wanted to avaoid because of all the add ons. Any advice on a procedure on the uninstall process would be appreciated. Should I first: (1) uninstall all payware (aircraft, scenery, BEV, FE UT etc. 2. uninstall FS9.1, (3) uninstall FS9. After that is done I still have the ohter copy on the HD (FS9old). Should I try to follow the same process or just delete the folders and files. Since there may be some corrupt file that may be causing the problem I see no use in keeping the files. Appreciate any ideas.ThanksCarl

Carl

Guest Charlie Hall

You might save a lot of trouble if you are able to do a system restore. If so, restore to a time when it worked OK. Be aware that some files and folders that you have saved since the selected restore point may be gone afterwards but you could save them elsewhere before you do the restore. If it causes other problems you should hopefully be able to undo the restore.Hope this might help.

Are you using AS6 SU2 by any chance? If so and you use AS Graphics disable the option in ASG to keep ASG running after auto-submit. There is a memory leak or something causing slowdown after a few moments. See their support forum here on AVSIM.The PMDG does take some CPU use. Are you running a VC?With all your add-ons I'd suggest a minimum of 1.25 GB. I noticed at 1 GB I had some disk swap action with XP Pro but after shuttling ram to get another one up under W98 for my legacy hardware and apps I ended up with 1.25 here and it made a difference.Gauges in the PMDG do use FSUIPC by the way for wind component breakdown and interfacing to the FS weather environment and AI target display I believe.Rather than delete FS itself, just disable your environment add-ons by adjusting scenery settings using the disable function. BEV is a texture replacement as is FE I believe.UT has no active function other than installing and modifying AI stuff. Try to see if your FPS improves with the traffic slider left. This will catch any AI models causing problems.Check your modules folder for any non-FS modules other than FSUIPC, TCASv7 (for PMDG), and something like PMDGConnect. create a folder under Modules to move stuff into you don't want running on a temporary basis.Drag your FS9.cfg to a new folder for storage and rename it. Start FS and let it build a new one. Shut down FS and paste from the old over the new joystick data so you don't have to go through that mess again.Detailed scenery like Megascenery and some meshes can be huge and very slow to load. You can disable these in the scenery settings to test.For now minimize water effects and aircraft shadows and reflections.Somewhere there is a secondary autogen file called autogen.xml I believe. Just rename it. That's telephone poles, gas stations, etc., that you do not need with your other scenery stuff running.I use a utility from PC magazine called End-It-All. This lets me designate processes to close and kill upon a global command. You can get rid of non-FS related stuff this way. If you are off-line when flying you can shut down anti-virus, firewall, key-log protection, and other such services. You can also do this with the task manager. It seems no matter how hard you try, you can't stop Win IM from running. It is an .exe file that I renamed after going into Safe Mode to prevent it from starting. Look for msmsgs.exe under Program Files/Messenger and rename it to .exh. I think I did it in safe mode or had to go to safe command mode on a restart.

Thanks for everyone's help in my delima. You have giving me some good suggestions that I will try out. By the way I do not have AS6 SU2. I have uninstalled the PMDG 737s using their tools uninstaller and was going to uninstall other suspects one at a time, but for now I will try everyones suggestions. Anything to keep from starting over. I do use FSautoStart sometimes. I have no other scenery such as Megascenery etc except for BEV,which I has been uninstalled.Will keep plugging away. Carl

Carl

Charlie,I went ahead I tried what you suggested and all I can say is your suggestion was PRICELESS, a big THANK-YOU. I went back 6 days and did a restore then cranked FS up and presto back to good fps and no delays in installing scenery objects. Once again I can take to the skys. The other good part is all the crazy things I did in the interim are gone, which is also good news. I probably spent at least 10-12 hours trouble shooting plus all the time others used to try and help. Thanks to you and all the others that took the time to help.Best Regards and happy flying,Carl

Carl