Sign in to follow this  
Jude Bradley

A Great Big Thank you

A big thank you to the PMDG team for the hard work they've done over this year.

Fantastic to have the big  three back in action in Prepar3D v4

• Upvote 2

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

I'll agree with what Jude has said. Let's remember, P3dV4 was only released 6 weeks ago yesterday, and in that time they have updated FOR FREE 3 (4 if you count the 773 expansion - let's face it, that has features of its own to encounter) models to utilise the new platform. OK, they may have had beta versions to play with in advance, but anyone who works with software applications knows that real releases always differ from beta's one way or another.

And, did I mention, they did this without charging us any extra. FOR FREE!! Don't forget, there are some addons out there that we have had to pay extra for to use in P3DV4 - and there are some that we are still waiting updates for to use (I won't mention any - this isn't meant to turn into a muck throwing match).

And, this is despite the numerous "When is 7x7 arriving?" topics that have been raised on here.

You guys are awesome, your products rock, and you keep our wheels dry and our engines running.

(And I still want Jude's 88GB GTX-1070 :) )

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Harma43 said:

Updated sig :)

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

3 hours ago, Harma43 said:

I'll agree with what Jude has said. Let's remember, P3dV4 was only released 6 weeks ago yesterday, and in that time they have updated FOR FREE 3 (4 if you count the 773 expansion - let's face it, that has features of its own to encounter) models to utilise the new platform. OK, they may have had beta versions to play with in advance, but anyone who works with software applications knows that real releases always differ from beta's one way or another.

And, did I mention, they did this without charging us any extra. FOR FREE!! Don't forget, there are some addons out there that we have had to pay extra for to use in P3DV4 - and there are some that we are still waiting updates for to use (I won't mention any - this isn't meant to turn into a muck throwing match).

And, this is despite the numerous "When is 7x7 arriving?" topics that have been raised on here.

You guys are awesome, your products rock, and you keep our wheels dry and our engines running.

While, i agree its big progress, however they stated from day one that they would do it for FREE, so not sure why its such big deal to state this multiple times what they promised, i am pretty sure if they would of decided to charge, we would have uproar on the change. again kudos to pmdg following promise.

just 2 cents

It wasn't even done for free--as they've stated multiple times, they rolled the development costs of going 64-bit into the price of the Prepar3d versions. That's why everyone has to pay $165 for the full 777 package. I don't mind people praising them, but can we keep it in perspective? It's a business, not a charity. 

Alex Pugh

Thank you PMDG for your hard work. Updating 3 products for v4 in 6 weeks is no joke. You guys did a great job!

The 737 is truly magnificent in v4. I have never been able to fly into KSFO with all the addons and eye candy turned on at a solid 30 FPS. My jaw is still on the floor. What an amazing summer it has been for the flight sim community!

Thank you AGAIN!

Benjamin Nash

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4 RAM CL14, Asus ROG Strix 4090, Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero Motherboard, LG OLED C1 48". 

Alex,

With all due respect, so are most hospitals a business, but if they save your life ... well, hey.  Apart from that is it so very hard just to be nice? I am not saying this update is lifesaving either.

A lot of work has gone into these updates and it should not be too hard to be appreciative.

Speaking of which, I am NOT denigrating your opinion to which you are more than entitled to express, as indeed am I. After all, these are just opinions.

For me though, "well done PMDG"

regards to all

Tony Chilcott

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.