Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Finding duplicate airports?

I have tried using an app called Simple Airport Scanner to find duplicate airports in P3D v4, but I'm not sure if its compatible... I get some error when trying to read from scenery.cfg.

I have installed the freeware NA airport pack from FTX, but I also had Aerosoft PHDH airport as well (DIllingham Hawaii). Now whenever I load up to that airport, I get uneven terrain. I have tried disabling Aerosoft PHDH scenery from the scenery library and it's still doesn't look correct. Does anyone know how to fix this? Where does FTX store it's freeware airport BGL. I want to see if I can disable FTX's version to see if it fixes it. But really what I would like is to compare between the 2 versions to see which one I like better and get rid of the one that I won't be using. But in order to do that, I need to be able to see the scenery properly.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Jay thank you so much for that! :)

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

The 1.70 SAS version still won't find any airports in your sim that have been added using the new XML method.  Those airports don't create any entries in the Scenery.cfg file, and SAS only looks at the Scenery.cfg file for now.  ScruffyDuck said they would look at making it compatible, but it hasn't happened yet (as far as I know according to the thread you referenced and my posts in it).

NOTE:  The SAS SHOULD find any FTX airports, freeware or payware, in as much as ORBX does NOT use the XML install method for any of it's scenery.  So you SHOULD be able to list the FTX airport using the SAS.

ADD:  To find the FTX PHDH airport if SAS doesn't list it, go to your P3Dv4 folder/ORBX/FTX_GLOBAL/FTX_FTXG_AIRPORTS/Scenery folder and look for the 2 PHDH entries in it.  You can turn them "OFF" there by renaming them there.

Rick Ryan

Anyone that has more than a few airports installed via the add-on.xml method would be a rarity. Those airports are easy to check manually. In the future  that will change, but I'm sure SAS will be updated before then.

True, but see my add to my post above.  Once he gets the new SAS 1.70 it SHOULD list the FTX PHDH airport he is looking for.  But just in case, I told him where to "manually" find it.  :biggrin:

And Jon at ScruffyDuck said it wouldn't be any easy fix for his SAS, so I wouldn't hold my breath for an updated SAS yet.  Heck, even the FSUIPC still has to use another third-party app just to make a list of both the scenery.cfg file AND XML entries so MakeRunways will work properly.  It's still a goat-rope.

Rick Ryan

Hi I have 60+ airports installed via the addon xml method.I thought that that was the correct way to install tov4?

Mick Hamilton

It is, I don't agree with Jay's opinion and would be open to hearing why he thinks that way.

I have over 80 airports plus miscellaneous EXE, DLL, SimObjects, Effects and Autogen objects added with the add-on.xml method.  I do not use Lorby's addon organizer, it is just too easy once you understand how it works, and how it works is explained in detail in the SDK documentation.  No guessing required.

Duplicate airports can be found with the latest versions of the Simple Airport Scanner if you first run MakeRnwys, which has an option to create a temporary scenery.cfg which you can use with SAS or Vector AEC.

Dan Downs KCRP

First of all, that was written in July and it's now October. I'm guessing that you added many of  those airports via the add-on.xml method manually and not via official installers. 

19 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

First of all, that was written in July and it's now October. I'm guessing that you added many of  those airports via the add-on.xml method manually and not via official installers. 

Both, I use the installer and then I modify many of them to satisfy my own OCD tendencies.  For example, FSDT creates separate addon document folders and xml file for each product whereas I prefer one FSDT folder and all their locations in one add-on.xml.  Either works, I don't understand your point.

Dan Downs KCRP