Sign in to follow this  
jellef

737 NGX for P3Dv3 new installer

1 minute ago, Jocko Flocko said:

It was sorted hours ago with zero help from PMDG at all. My ticket was never answered on the main PMDG site. That said, it's only as much as I expected. Because it was a copy protection issue and not a PMDG software issue, it's the only reason why I'm on this forum asking for help. Facebook groups has much more in depth help from thriving communities. But thanks anyways, take care.

Zero help apart from creating the new download and pushing the fact that it was available via the OC.

Do note that the support site makes a note that responses can take up to 48 hours, and you submitted your ticket a 7:10PM on a Friday night...let's be reasonable here...it's the weekend (and we're still here helping you and everyone else).

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle, if I come across as a bit of a dick when it comes to copy protection issues on software I apologize to you and anyone else I might have rubbed the wrong way, I've been in this game for a long time and I've always supported the developers since FS 95. When I see what's being used on your software and how long ago it was "cracked" by a@#hole pirates, I get wound up when that same "protection" stops me from using the software. Any other time I would be completely at ease and understanding regarding bugs, crashes, compatibility, etc.

Have a great day.

Andrew Walker

2 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Don't be unkind. I don't see how or why Chris merited this response from you.

I'm half tempted to point you to where you can find the information on your own just to make you do the work, given that response, but I guess I'll be nice:

Uninstall. Download a new copy from your account. Install using that new installer.

While you're waiting for the download, perhaps consider the fact that, if you're gonna hijack a thread soliciting information, one should avoid biting the hand that provides that information.

1 hour ago, Joetsa said:

Hello! I tried unsuccessfully to have someone try to help me ... See if you can !!
- I've uninstalled.
- I downloaded a copy from my account.
- I installed and ... In the Operations Center (which has not been installed as in other updates) appears that I have the version ... 1.20.8396 !!!!!
I tried the above described operation 5 times with the same result ... !!
Greetings and thank you.

1 hour ago, scandinavian13 said:

Zero help apart from creating the new download and pushing the fact that it was available via the OC.

Do note that the support site makes a note that responses can take up to 48 hours, and you submitted your ticket a 7:10PM on a Friday night...let's be reasonable here...it's the weekend (and we're still here helping you and everyone else).

Hello, again ... !! I understand that you are very busy with this new (and failed) update but what I do not understand is that you enter to discuss with customers who fail your products ... !!!
I'll try again: what do I have to do so I can enjoy the latest update of the PMDG 737 NGX for P3D V3 ??
As PMDG Development and Support you are I expect an answer ...
A greeting (again) and thanks (again) !!!!

1 hour ago, Jocko Flocko said:

Kyle, if I come across as a bit of a dick when it comes to copy protection issues on software I apologize to you and anyone else I might have rubbed the wrong way, I've been in this game for a long time and I've always supported the developers since FS 95. When I see what's being used on your software and how long ago it was "cracked" by a@#hole pirates, I get wound up when that same "protection" stops me from using the software. Any other time I would be completely at ease and understanding regarding bugs, crashes, compatibility, etc.

It's actually remarkably effective, and most people who have claimed to successfully crack it find it hobbled in some way.

This was less to do with FlexNET and more to do with our installation method in setting it up, so, while I understand that the outward appearance was copy protection as an issue, it could just as easily been an errant line of code that caused a CTD, in this case.

Somewhat understandable, however. Kind of like how I get spun up about AV programs basically becoming viruses on their own lately.

13 minutes ago, Joetsa said:

As PMDG Development and Support you are I expect an answer ...

Official, guaranteed responses are only found through the official support channel, but since I'm here:

Uninstall via the control panel
Go to your account on our website
Re-download
Install

• Upvote 2

Kyle Rodgers

The problem has been fixed with a new installer. PMDG support responded with this reply:

"We believe we've identified and fixed this issue now. The original version of the dual P3Dv3 and v4 NGX installer was installing only a 64-bit version of our licensing service, regardless of whether v3 or v4 was selected. We've corrected this in an updated installer that uses the 32-bit version of the service when the v3 version is installed.

Follow these steps to get the updated version:

1. Uninstall your current version from Control Panel\Programs and Features (Win 7) or Settings\Apps & Features (Win10)

2. Log into your account at our store, click View Previous Orders, and then redownload the installer from the original link to get the updated version.

3. Reinstall from the new installer. "

I followed the instruction and voila, the P3Dv3 opens the 737NGX without any activation request.

Thanks PMDG for the excellent support!

Jelle