Sign in to follow this  
ScotFlieger

PMDG P8 Poseidon P3Dv4 - Incorrect Eyepoint

After installing the new PMDG737NGX in P3Dv4 I loaded the P8A Poseidon. The initial eye point is behind the jump seat and requires to be moved forward to view the instrument panel (using CTRL+BS). This does not happen with the standard 737NGX 800.

Checking the aircraft.cfg files for each aircraft (737NGX and P8) the eye point values are identical as:

[Views]

eyepoint = 46.462, -16.4, 4.75

As the P8 is based on the 737NGX the longitudinal distance (first value) should be the same. Something is wrong.

Andrew Gransden

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Changing the longitudinal value to 50.44 moves the eye point in a better and usable position.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

1 hour ago, ScotFlieger said:

After installing the new PMDG737NGX in P3Dv4 I loaded the P8A Poseidon. The initial eye point is behind the jump seat and requires to be moved forward to view the instrument panel (using CTRL+BS). This does not handle with the standard 737NGX 800.

Checking the aircraft.cfg files for each aircraft (737NGX and P8) the eye point values are identical as:

[Views]

eyepoint = 46.462, -16.4, 4.75

As the P8 is based on the 737NGX the longitudinal distance (first value) should be the same. Something is wrong.

Andrew Gransden

I reported this earlier but didn't think to check other variants. Will take a look in the morning and advise whether just the Poseidon on my set up. 

Cheers 

Paul Hand

Having the same issue here. Attempted to reset the eyepoint in aircraft.cfg and it didn't seem to make a difference. Tried making a custom camera in P3D. Corrected it in the preview window, but when attempting to activate the camera, it does nothing. Using Trackir, and the ctrl+BS does not work. Attempted to adjust the Z-axis directly in Trackir, but it limits the amount of adjustment so I still end up just behind the pilot's headrest.

New install of the new NGX and have the same issue with the Poseidon eye position. Staring at the back of the seat too. Will try the eye position as well and see if that is the issue.

On 7/12/2017 at 3:58 PM, ScotFlieger said:

Changing the longitudinal value to 50.44 moves the eye point in a better and usable position.

That looks a'lot better.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW