Sign in to follow this  
Stephen Simpson

PMDG 737-800/900 Activation Error

Hi folks,

I purchased the above product back on 19/3/2015 through PMDG website and this evening received a notification to update from the control centre.

I followed the instructions and reinstalled to the new version 1.20.8389.

Entered the 24 digit activation code from the original email once P3Dv3 started up and its being refused.

Any ideas please.

Thanks

Stephen.

Stephen Simpson

Systems: Flight System: AMDRyzen7 7800X3D, 32GB DDR, RTX4090,Windows 11.

Utilities System: I7 8700K 4.8Ghz,32GB 3000 DDR4 RAM,1x1TB SSD,Geforce GTX1080ti 11GB,Windows 11.

Hi

I did exactly the same than you about 4 hours ago and no luck yet... Might it be an activation server error or something alike? :(

Thanks

Javier

Maybe this is my issue.  I thought I forgot to unregister now it seems maybe its activation issues?

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals

4 hours ago, stevieiz said:

Hi folks,

I purchased the above product back on 19/3/2015 through PMDG website and this evening received a notification to update from the control centre.

I followed the instructions and reinstalled to the new version 1.20.8389.

Entered the 24 digit activation code from the original email once P3Dv3 started up and its being refused.

Any ideas please.

Thanks

Stephen.

4 hours ago, Mateo.Aero said:

Hi

I did exactly the same than you about 4 hours ago and no luck yet... Might it be an activation server error or something alike? :(

Thanks

Javier

Guys, first off just so you're aware, PMDG require full names in the forums, first and last.

In regards to your problems, ensure you are using the correct key and not one for the 600/700 or another product. I know it seems stupid but it happens more often than you'd think!!! Secondly, make sure you are copy-pasting the code so you're not making any mistakes, and ensure there are no spaces before/after the code.

3 hours ago, pegruder said:

Maybe this is my issue.  I thought I forgot to unregister now it seems maybe its activation issues?

You only need to unregister if you're changing hardware or operating system.

I believe this is a typical problem for the 37NGX in P3Dv3. I installed the latest version in both v3 and v4. Only slecting this aircraft in v3 request validation and it fails. In v4 it runs without any problems. Strange.

See my topic in 

Jelle

11 hours ago, PMDG777 said:

Guys, first off just so you're aware, PMDG require full names in the forums, first and last.

In regards to your problems, ensure you are using the correct key and not one for the 600/700 or another product. I know it seems stupid but it happens more often than you'd think!!! Secondly, make sure you are copy-pasting the code so you're not making any mistakes, and ensure there are no spaces before/after the code.

You only need to unregister if you're changing hardware or operating system.

Yup, once I had my activations reset I was good to go.  Happy landings!

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals

16 hours ago, jellef said:

I believe this is a typical problem for the 37NGX in P3Dv3. I installed the latest version in both v3 and v4. Only slecting this aircraft in v3 request validation and it fails. In v4 it runs without any problems. Strange.

See my topic in 

Jelle

I have exactly the same Problem...  And i'm not to stupid to copy-pasting the code!

Regards
Raller

Win 10 Pro | P3Dv4.5 | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | I5-9600K @ 4.8GHz | RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB RAM | SSD | T.16000M

2 minutes ago, Raller said:

I have exactly the same Problem...  And i'm not to stupid to copy-pasting the code!

Regards
Raller

You might need your activations reset like pegruder did, if open up a support ticket. 

1. i started the 737 in V4 (that were still working) and deactivated my license manually through the FMC on the MENU > PMDG SETUP > LICENSE page
  2. i restarted the 737 in V4 and entered my License-Key. It was accepted and everything works fine in V4
  3. i startetd the 737 in V3 and the License-Entry-Window appeared and after entering my License-Key
    ERROR: Activation library handle creation failed

So, in V4 it works fine, in V3 it works not!

Win 10 Pro | P3Dv4.5 | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | I5-9600K @ 4.8GHz | RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB RAM | SSD | T.16000M

Hi guys,

I opened a Ticket and it seems they have found the cause of this issue. As you say, I can use the NGX with no problem at all in V4, but V3 is unuseable. They told me they have already sent the new version for beta testing and they will release it as soon as possible. Thanks all (including  and specially PMDG Support team) for your great work.

Regards

Francisco Javier Mateo

PMDG have sorted the issue and an update is available via the operations centre.

Thank you guys.

Stephen.

Stephen Simpson

Systems: Flight System: AMDRyzen7 7800X3D, 32GB DDR, RTX4090,Windows 11.

Utilities System: I7 8700K 4.8Ghz,32GB 3000 DDR4 RAM,1x1TB SSD,Geforce GTX1080ti 11GB,Windows 11.

May be important to know: Deinstall the old version prior to a new installation. Doing just a "repair" after download makes the "initialisation of licence library failed.." window appear again.

Regards

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Marcos Mineiro Garcia said:

Hi, answer me please, is already available the version that fixes the problem? Thank you

Att.

Marcos Garcia

Yes the update was released today. You will need to uninstall and reinstall with the full installer downloaded from your account