Sign in to follow this  
Jack_Sawyer

747 new install went well but one problem

In order to have lights illuminate the ground I must have Dynamic Lighting turned on.  I don't have a state of the art system so when I turn on Dynamic Lighting it really cuts my FPS.

Anyone else see this?

Otherwise it's fine and now I'm going to be buying the NGX which I already bought a while go for FSX for P3Dv4.

Jack Sawyer

4 hours ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

In order to have lights illuminate the ground I must have Dynamic Lighting turned on.  I don't have a state of the art system so when I turn on Dynamic Lighting it really cuts my FPS.

Anyone else see this?

Otherwise it's fine and now I'm going to be buying the NGX which I already bought a while go for FSX for P3Dv4.

Yes that's correct. The legacy lighting system has been replaced with dynamic lights.

If you're using SSAA, try lowering that to MSAA.

3 minutes ago, PMDG777 said:

Yes that's correct. The legacy lighting system has been replaced with dynamic lights.

If you're using SSAA, try lowering that to MSAA.

Thanks but that ain't gonna happen.  I'll live without lights.

Jack Sawyer

5 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Thanks but that ain't gonna happen.  I'll live without lights.

I don't understand why everyone is fixated with using SSAA then moans when it kills their performance. Beats me but each to their own. That's the only option you have so I guess no lights it is