Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kingair315

Lookin' For an AI F15. Anybody Know?

Guest 727Fan

The subject line about says it. I need an American strong-arm fighter to sit alongside the daSilva Su-27 model.Thanks! Is there actually one out there good in an AI role?Rick (KMKE)

Guest Coneman

In a word.....no. :( The one that most resort to using isn't really for AI and is a frame rate serial killer.Todd

Guest 727Fan

OK Todd!Thanks for the response. I can't kill framerates over a single model. I guess I'll just have to wait. Maybe Henry Tomkiewicz orDee Waldron can engineer one. The F-16C is very nice.Rick (KMKE) 27*F. Alt 30.09 Runway 25L active

Guest Kingair315

Havent done it with this one, but if a GMAX version is available, believe that it can be converted to an AI using GA-Traffic... GA-Traffic may not create a flight plan for it depending upon weight, etc... BUT, you can play with the configuration of an aircraft you convert in GA-Traffic, and get it to create flight plans for aircraft which would be considered too big for GA flights. Bob

Guest Coneman

GA Traffic does nothing but reduce texture size and substitute an air file. GMax doesn't guarantee it will work as an AI aircraft. It can still be an fps killer because of the number of polys and lack of LODs.Todd

Guest Kingair315

Believe it also changes mdl, config files, alias' sound files, removes the panels, and creates a new folder for the AI files.Reducing file sizes of each aircraft from sometimes 28+ megs, to 1.5 megs does make a difference. The less loaded into memory, the better the FS works. Have 87 AI files that Ive modified with GA-Traffic. After I make the mods, removing their folders from the aircraft folder to a backup folder. Am flying only GA aircraft, and moved all defaults out of the FS to backup folder. Now using Project AI, for all commercial flights.My frame rates with all these aircraft in the FS used to be 3-15fps. With the conversion to all AI except for the PMDG B1900 that I fly, which also was added to GA-Traffic with 19 paint files and then removed all additional paint files from the flyable model, but the one I fly. This has increased my framerates. Locked at 32fps, even on the ground get 20+fps, in the air a solid 31-32fps, with all sliders full right but clouds.Removing default and addon aircraft, was the best decision Ive made.

Guest Coneman

GA Traffic does not change the model, which is the crucial element in AI. Sure, reducing the texture size might help a bit, but the number of polys and LODs are what is really important. If you substitute other models (Aardvark, FSPainter, etc) for your PAI, you will see even better frame rates, not to mention better models. Like you, I have eliminated all-non AI aircraft from GA and am very careful about what I use. I can't say I get 32fps, because that is so variable, depending on aircraft in use, weather, location, etc., but frames are pretty good.Wow, I guess an AI F-15 still isn't available ;-) Cheers

Guest Kingair315

You can get it on Flightsim.com FS-ACOF - FS2004 AI Flight PlansFS2004 West Coast ANG Military AI PackageName: ai_ang5.zip Date: 01-28-2006FS2004 West Coast ANG Military AI Package v1.0. Creates AI traffic for twelve Air National Guard and Air Force Reserve Command F-15, F-16, C-130, MC-130 and KC-135 squadrons in California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Utah and Washington. Includes models, repaints, flight plans, quality AFCADs and callsign voicepacks. Package integrated by Dan Bourque.If you want them elsewhere, just create your own flight plans... "Kiss = Keep Implimenting Simple Solutions"