Sign in to follow this  
gregmorin

Tire Pressure & Brakes Heat

I am having an issue with the most recent versions for P3DV4. I am currently using the 1.10.8386 version for both the 777-200LRF and 777-300ER. The aircraft loads and functions normally through set up, taxi and take off. After I retract the gear, I get an error message saying the the tire pressure and brakes have overheated. I have insured that I taxied without using the toe brakes at all. There was no message during the take off run. After some minutes the brake temp warning goes out but the tire pressure message remains. Upon landing the aircraft acts as if maximum auto brake was selected whether I am using auto brake or not. It then requires about 90% thrust to break away and taxi to the gate. It appears as if the wheels are locked up. I have un-installed a number of times with my anti-virus off and running as administrator. The initial build of the 777LRF for P3DV4 did not have this issue. I have just been doing local flights hand flying the aircraft as we transition from P3Dv3 to P3Dv4.

Please advise,

Thanks,

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

Do you have hardware brakes? If so, you might Perhaps be able to confirm whether or not they're the source of the issue by disconnecting them and doing a flight without them connected.

• Upvote 1

Marc ter Heide

47 minutes ago, voske said:

Do you have hardware brakes? If so, you might Perhaps be able to confirm whether or not they're the source of the issue by disconnecting them and doing a flight without them connected.

Marc

Thank you for the suggestion. I am using the CH pro pedals. These are the same pedals I used in P3Dv3 without issue with the PMDG 777. I am having no issues with the PMDG 737 or any other aircraft. I have not noticed any brake drag during taxi or the take off run so I think it is unlikely that the pedals are the issue.

Greg

Greg Morin

3 hours ago, gregmorin said:

Marc

Thank you for the suggestion. I am using the CH pro pedals. These are the same pedals I used in P3Dv3 without issue with the PMDG 777. I am having no issues with the PMDG 737 or any other aircraft. I have not noticed any brake drag during taxi or the take off run so I think it is unlikely that the pedals are the issue.

Greg

Greg,

How did you setup your pedals? I suggest you do what Marc suggested to rule it out, regardless of whether you think it's an issue or not.

• Upvote 1

It would sound to me as if your brakes have been applied resulting in excessive brake tempatured which have resulting in blowing out the fusible plugs (aka blowout plugs) in your tires which has unfortunately resulted in landings with tires that are flat!  Your lucky that he chief pilot didn't ream you out for retracting the gear with a BRAKE TEMP ECAM message!  Never - I repeat - never retract the gear!  Bad things can happen if those tires let go when they are retracted inside of the wheel wells!

i would be sure to double check your calibration on those and maybe increase the nullzone a bit

• Upvote 1

Dave

As I stated in my original post, I did not get the message until after I retracted the gear. No brakes were used during the taxi and take off run. I may try increasing the bull zone and see what happens.

Greg

Greg Morin

I have experienced the landing characteristic you mention on my FSX SE T7 using the Jul. 1st update. I have not flown the latest build issued Jul. 12.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

17 hours ago, gregmorin said:

Marc

Greg

13 hours ago, PMDG777 said:

Greg,

How did you setup your pedals? I suggest you do what Marc suggested to rule it out, regardless of whether you think it's an issue or not.

Marc

Even though I thought it was unlikely for my rudder pedals to cause this issue, the CH Pro Pedals were in fact the culprit. Thank you for your suggestion.

Chris

Thank you for your suggestion. I did delete the left and right brake axis and discovered the issue.

Greg

9 hours ago, AirCanada235 said:

It would sound to me as if your brakes have been applied resulting in excessive brake tempatured which have resulting in blowing out the fusible plugs (aka blowout plugs) in your tires which has unfortunately resulted in landings with tires that are flat!  Your lucky that he chief pilot didn't ream you out for retracting the gear with a BRAKE TEMP ECAM message!  Never - I repeat - never retract the gear!  Bad things can happen if those tires let go when they are retracted inside of the wheel wells!

i would be sure to double check your calibration on those and maybe increase the nullzone a bit

Dave

Keep that Chief Pilot off my back. The null zone adjustment fixed the issue.

Greg 

Greg Morin

5 hours ago, gregmorin said:

Thank you for your suggestion.

You're welcome. I'm glad you got it solved.

Marc ter Heide

On July 13, 2017 at 11:02 AM, gregmorin said:

Marc

Even though I thought it was unlikely for my rudder pedals to cause this issue, the CH Pro Pedals were in fact the culprit. Thank you for your suggestion.

Chris

Still having the overheat problem and also using CH Pro pedals. Would the "null zone" setting be the "slope" setting in fsuipc?

Rick Hobbs

2 hours ago, wanabflyer said:

Still having the overheat problem and also using CH Pro pedals. Would the "null zone" setting be the "slope" setting in fsuipc?

Rick

I have my pedals set up directly with P3Dv4. Hopefully someone with more fsuipc knowledge could guide you. 

Greg

Greg Morin

4 hours ago, wanabflyer said:

PMDG suggest setting them up directly in the sim as well there’s no need to set them up through FSUIPC. 

Assign in sim. Process in FSUIPC. The null zone should be referenced in FSUIPC using the word 'null' specifically.

Kyle Rodgers

54 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Assign in sim. Process in FSUIPC. The null zone should be referenced in FSUIPC using the word 'null' specifically.

Sorry Kyle, could you enlarge a bit, for dummies like me that is.

Rick Hobbs