Sign in to follow this  
flytrumpet767

Double Toronto

Hi guys,

I noticed that I have 2 CN towers, as well as double some downtown buildings as well. This is in P3D V4, with UTX Canada, ORBX OpenLC NA, and FT CYYZ. I'm not sure what could be causing this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

That's because you might have 2 add-on versions of the airport installed. Search "Simple Airport Scanner P3d V4".

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Thanks. I have tried every combination of disabling and enabling stuff within the scenery library, without success. Pretty strange. 

Sometimes an add-on airport is well concealed. For example, the traffic add-on My Traffic  6 adds literally 1000s of airports in order to accommodate both larger and more aircraft.

Do you have the FTX NA Freeware Airports pack installed?  If yes, it's the included CYTZ downtown Toronto airport causing the problem.

Go to your flightsim main folder, then ORBX/FTX_GLOBAL/FTX_FTXG_AIRPORTS/Scenery folder and scroll down the contents and disable the 2 CYTZ entries (the .bgl airport file and the CVX file with it).  You can just add an ".OFF" (no quotation marks) to both file names and leave them in the folder.

Bye-bye duplicate CNN Tower and the duplicate stadium next to it too.

It shouldn't have anything to do with CYYZ.

Rick Ryan

Thanks guys. It was indeed concealed in the FT freeware airport folder. I did not think to go look there.

Cheers

You're welcome.  And even if you ran the Simple Airport Scanner you may not have found it that way, as there would not have been duplicate CYTZ's.  The freeware developer for the FTX CYTZ just missed something and the scenery extended over into the downtown area causing multiple buildings there.  No need to remove any files from any other folders, including the default scenery/world/scenery folder or anything UTX Canada.

Rick Ryan

Once again I am glad this site is here to solve my problems (as well as give informitive reviews of course).

I had the double Toronto downtown today and here is the solution!