Sign in to follow this  
KevMac

EZdok and TrackIR

Hi All -

I am about to make the jump to P3D v4 and get the 747-400, but had a question regarding the virtual cockpits.  I have been used to flying the NGX with the 2D cockpit.  While I played around with TrackIR, I kept coming back to the 2D cockpit.   I wanted to know what the "norm" was for folks flying in 3D cockpits.  Is EZDok with TrackIR the benchmark?  Are there other preferences?

Appreciate the feedback.

-Kevin McCarthy

I don't have either (although I wish I had one of them), but I'm betting it's going to come down to personal preference, like everything else in the flight sim world.

I use both Ezdok and Trackir Kevin for all the aircraft I fly and find it an ideal combination, however I disable the head movement in ezdok.

Ezdok can be a pain to set up but watch the Youtube videos, they should help.

Some people favour Chaseplane over Ezdok.

A less expensive option to Trackir is Trackhat.

https://www.trackhat.org/

Dave Wild

I use Ez 2.5 with TiR5 yet, when flying airliners, EZ2 alone is hugely capable to manage the flight in an excellent way, and TiR becomes mainly an immersion addon

• Upvote 1

If you don't want to create EZdok/ChasePlane profiles yourself, here's a profile package I made for ALL the current PMDG Boeings  :wink:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/497544-pmdg-made-ez/?do=findComment&comment=3596778

• Upvote 1

Robin Heinis                                                                                                                    SIM Pilot 
FSX-SE DX10 Preview mode with Steve's DX10 Fixer..PMDG MD-11..NGX..777..747 v3.."PMDG made EZ" (EZdok / ChasePlane profile package I made for all PMDG airliners, see AVSIM library)
Addons: ORBX..REX 4..REX SF..AS16/ASCA..EZCA..FS Global Ultimate NG..FlyTampa..FSFX..FS Passengers X..FS Real Time..FS2Crew..GSX..Navigraph..PFPX..TOPCAT..Pro-ATC/X..UT2..
PC specs: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.6 GHz..ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX1080-O8G-GAMING..Corsair Dominator Platinum 16 GB..4x Samsung 850 EVO..2x WD Black in RAID 1..Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

Thanks all, looks like EZdok is a must.  Will give it a shot.

I couldn't fly without either of them. For bush flying low, slow and tight, Track IR lets me easily turn my head for example and look ahead into a right turn to the 9 and 10 oclock positions and/or make perfect finals. EZdok lets you setup camera positions over top of essential avionics and instruments without having to use any of the 2D panels. Both are awesome... VR is a whole other can of worms. ;)

Andrew Walker

Anybody able to get Trackhat to work with Chaseplane? It worked fine in the past using Opentrack and the modded PS3 cam. Now it only works if I deactivate "Global Enable".

Agree EZDok was the #1 addon for me. 

5 of my available buttons on the yoke deal with jumping to views pre-determined in the EZ Dok profile. (Upper OH, Lower OH, FMC, MCP, Radios - and of course captain POV)

Also have the ability to get up and walk through the cabin during the flight if you want. Also you can do the pre-flight walk around (although nothing is ever wrong with the plane - still fun)

The turbulence head bobbing and inertial movements add alot - if you pull up your eyepoint bobs down just like your head would in real life. If you bank left your eyepoint banks right just a bit as it would in real life. If you have a rough landing, you'll know because your eye point jams down as if you crunched your neck.