Sign in to follow this  
ukplane1

Statement from Flightport

The google translate version of that page seems to indicate that it's less of a P3Dv4 issue and more of those folks migrating toward X-Plane.

Your title is confusing?  If anything your title should read 'Victims of XP 11'....

Matt King

5 minutes ago, garrett_frank said:

The google translate version of that page seems to indicate that it's less of a P3Dv4 issue and more of those folks migrating toward X-Plane.

My point was more that a lot of developers are working on p3d v4 ONLY products , however some ( freeware,small payware) may not be able to make that move. If they're not replaced we may see a market dominated by the few with competition stifled either prices of the products will rise or new creative and innovative companies will be non existent.

2 minutes ago, kingm56 said:

Your title is confusing?  If anything your title should read 'Victims of XP 11'....

Perhaps a cowboy title from me but your 'Victims of XP11' would be even worst.

Wow, thats not English. Useless for people who dont speak or read that language- whatever it is. Don't have time to finding translator.

2 minutes ago, ukplane1 said:

Perhaps a cowboy title from me but your 'Victims of XP11' would be even worst.

How so?  Your title eludes to you not reading the article you linked to?  

5 minutes ago, ukplane1 said:

My point was more that a lot of developers are working on p3d v4 ONLY products , however some ( freeware,small payware) may not be able to make that move. If they're not replaced we may see a market dominated by the few with competition stifled either prices of the products will rise or new creative and innovative companies will be non existent.

This is hardly the first time the sim community has gone through a platform transition; it's happened at least 12 times in the past and the community continues to survive.  I don't see how this is any different....

• Upvote 1

Matt King

5 minutes ago, warriorpilot said:

What do they even make?

scenery and a couple planes i think.

They got some awards for the best freeware airports for FSX/P3D.

7 minutes ago, joemiller said:

Wow, thats not English. Useless for people who dont speak or read that language- whatever it is. Don't have time to finding translator.

In the time you took to right the comment all you had to do was Right click "Translate to English" .

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, ukplane1 said:

In the time you took to right the comment all you had to do was Right click "Translate to English" .

Another way of saying that. 

"Hey if you are using chrome you can right click and select "Translate to english" Or you can copy and paste the text to Google Translate". There is no need for harsh comments. Please keep it nice and fun for all. 

• Upvote 1

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

3 minutes ago, warriorpilot said:

Another way of saying that. 

"Hey if you are using chrome you can right click and select "Translate to english" Or you can copy and paste the text to Google Translate". There is no need for harsh comments. Please keep it nice and fun for all. 

Sorry , Thank you.

Quite frankly, I really applaude the concept of developers grasping the new and leaving the old.

I know it could sound a bit cynical, but it's not the first time FS history, that a platform changed is happening. It's called progress, and existing developers either have to keep up, or fall behind... That's a bit harsh, but that's the reality we're dealing with. 

I'm terribly sorry, people, but I fail to see the point in this thread... 

• Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

V4 is the way forward.  It's the future of this pesky hobby of ours.  The money you spend on fsx is gone.  I'm sure you all had plenty of hours of fun and plenty of hours of oom and ctd heartaches with fsx.

But 64 bit is here and its a game changer.  The sooner people realise this the better.  

Fsx is 11 years old.  Let me say that again slowly so it sinks in.

1 1  Y E A R S  O L D.

Ps.

On a side note consider yourself lucky that the big names in this business are all incapable of talking to each other.   If they had been bothered to arrange an hour Skype conference call they could of all got to together and price fixed and charged a standard 10 dollars to convert each product. They would be laughing all the way to the bank. 

• Upvote 4

14ppkc-6.png

FlightPort have made fantastic freeware sceneries for FSX/P3D for small german airfields.

It is a big loss.

But the title is indeed missleading as they are no victims what would imply that P3D v4 is too difficult to develop or has other hurdles. That is not true, but the devs have changed their interest to X-Plane. Just that simple it is.

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------