Sign in to follow this  
dornier

Help with P3D V4 install. Your registry does not show a valid Prepar3D installation location

Hi everyone,

Just downloaded the PMDG 737 NGX base package from Aerosoft and when I try to install I get a message that the installer doesn't show a valid prepar3D installation location.  As far as I can tell, the installer was updated 7/11/17 and the readme states the following, 10JUL17:  1.20.8389 - updated compatibility for P3D v3/v4.

Any ideas?  My registry appears to have the correct location.  I also noticed the registry shows Prepar3D V2 and V3 which I've never installed on my machine.  Should I remove those registry entries?

Thanks,

George 

12 minutes ago, dornier said:

Hi everyone,

Just downloaded the PMDG 737 NGX base package from Aerosoft and when I try to install I get a message that the installer doesn't show a valid prepar3D installation location.  As far as I can tell, the installer was updated 7/11/17 and the readme states the following, 10JUL17:  1.20.8389 - updated compatibility for P3D v3/v4.

Any ideas?  My registry appears to have the correct location.  I also noticed the registry shows Prepar3D V2 and V3 which I've never installed on my machine.  Should I remove those registry entries?

Thanks,

George 

Have you tried posting your inquiry at Aerosoft Support Forums?

I'm not really sure who to ask - but since you mentioned Aerosoft I would assume you've purchased the NGX from there. And because Aerosoft makes their own installers, my guess would be, that you should direct your question to them.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

No, but it's the standard PMDG installer from what I can tell.  I'm putting in a PMDG support ticket and hopefully it will be an easy fix.  

Thanks,

George

12 minutes ago, dornier said:

Hi everyone,

Thanks,

George 

How long ago did you download? Maybe try downloading again from a different server if possible. 

Just a few minutes ago.  I tried from a different server but it's going to take 5 hours despite having a 1GB fiber connection on my end.

George

Since the readme states that it has Prepar3D V4 compatibility, and it's the correct build version I would assume that the installer is correct. Quite frankly I don't understand why Aerosoft would 'just' redistribute the original PMDG installers. I thought they created their own?

Oh, well... you learn something every day... 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

1 minute ago, dornier said:

Just a few minutes ago.  I tried from a different server but it's going to take 5 hours despite having a 1GB fiber connection on my end.

George

Ouch, try using free download manager (FDM). I use it and it accelerates my downloads quite a bit. 

1 minute ago, dornier said:

George

How large is the file you've downloaded?

My original file from PMDG has the following attributes:

Size:                          845 MB (886.649.241 bytes)
Size on disk:              845 MB (886.652.928 bytes)

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

1 minute ago, Anders Bermann said:

Since the readme states that it has Prepar3D V4 compatibility, and it's the correct build version I would assume that the installer is correct. Quite frankly I don't understand why Aerosoft would 'just' redistribute the original PMDG installers. I thought they created their own?

Oh, well... you learn something every day... 

Yes you'd think that would be the case but there was a case in another thread where someone downloaded it, got this same error even though it said v4 compatible, redownloaded it from the German server and it worked. 

Hmm, the download zip is 837MB, but when I display the properties it shows 744MB size on disk.  When I click on properties of the installer, it states that it's version 1.10.6461.0.

George

5 minutes ago, PMDG777 said:

Yes you'd think that would be the case but there was a case in another thread where someone downloaded it, got this same error even though it said v4 compatible, redownloaded it from the German server and it worked. 

I'm getting it from another server and it shows about 19 minutes left.  Hopefully that will solve the issue.

Thanks,

George

I would think so... Obviously it's an older file you got your hands on... 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Success!  The USA server had an older installer.  The Global server version worked and the size was 845 and 846MB respectively.  Thanks for the help!

George

If you're trying to download the -600/700, the installers are not available til end of week per PMDG's FB post.  I assume this is for Aerosoft costumers as well.