Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[13JUL17] Quick update from us...

Captains,

A quick update from us before I head off for the evening...

Firstly, thank you for all of the kind words here in the forum and during our interactions with the folks who have popped up in tech support.  Sometimes in the blur of the day-to-day, we just don't get a chance to interact and joke around a bit and enjoy the parts of the hobby and community that we enjoy.

This week has been a bit unusual because Paul is traveling overseas (or, on the continent for you folks over there) and Ryan is in the midst of a cross country move- so we have been very under-staffed on the support side which means that I get to shed my usual nightly code routine and instead cover for them.  It has been fun chatting with a few of you during the process- and the kind word have meant a great deal.

Okay- so on to the business end:

- 777 users:  We have had a few reports of the Autobrake switch having trouble and emitting a clicking sound.  I'll get to that tomorrow...  (dang thing... i should have left it broken.  LOL)

- License Library Handle Failed:  We have a number of reports, mostly from P3D v3.4 users of this error appearing and then preventing you from activating.  We are investigating and we will issue a fix the moment we have a "handle" on it.  (See what I did there? :biggrin:)

- "Why do i need to keep reinstalling" complai...<cough> users:  I'm sorry it is inconvenient for you to do so- but we do know what we are doing and we are trying to increase the stability level of everyone in the community by making sure we baseline certain prerequisites on the install that will allow us to use the micro-update process without being inundated with traffic from folks who have faulty installations.  I'd expect probably one, maybe two, three or four more cycles where we do a "full sweep" just so that we can be sure to get everyone the most stable platform that they can have...   I'm sorry it frustrates a few users but....   It is better than having 10,000 possible iterations of problems burying the support team and preventing them from helping anyone effectively!  (Note:  You would be amazed at how complex installation is across our customer base... what should be pretty simple really isn't...)

- Operations Center Updates:  I think we will push a few more OC updates in the coming week to stomp out a few items that are still there nagging at us.  At that point you will see OC updates slow down as we shift focus instead to building up OC2.0- which should really hum and sing nicely with lots of neat new features.

I think that covers most of what I want you to know tonight. 

The past 120 days have seen a herculean effort on the part of our team, and I don't say it often enough but these guys have really been breaking their backs to bring you our products in Prepar3D v4 in a timely fashion.  We had a workflow plan for 2017 that involved releasing the 744, completing the 748 and taking some time off to recouperate from a very hard development cycle- but instead we had to shuffle the schedule and shift almost all of our resources to these P3D v4 conversions. 

You have no idea how happy we will be once the NGX 600/700 is out the door and we can put all of this in the rear-view mirror!

Speaking of looking back:  The DC-6 is pending!  More on that later in the day Thursday!

• Upvote 24

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

It is 3am in the morning...What a hardworking team. Respect :)

very nice, indeed thanks.

Win11 Pro 64 Bit, Intel® Core i9-10900K 5.3 GHz, NVIDIA  RTX 3090, DDR4 4200 128GB, P3D V5

John Liem

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Yes, yes, but throttles in hold, wrong window geometry, and not to mention Airbus in XPlane. So disappointing.

The PMDG fleet in P3Dv4 - priceless. Thank you.

David Porrett

Thanks for the update, Robert.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

If it wasn't for PMDG's high fidelity aircraft, I'd probably have ditched flightsimming altogether.  Thanks for your efforts.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the update.

Go sleep some!

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

Hi all

I don't post often on this forum, but I just needed to say I am absolutely thrilled with what I have so far from PMDG in P3D V4. 

I have owned for many years all of the 737 NGX, The 777.  On the day of release I bought the 747. All are a treasure in P3D V4.

The good news for me is, my all-time favorite is still to come the (737 700).

I also have the strong feeling I will replace my all-time favorite with a new one the DC6.  I just love fire breathing, large piston engine aircraft.

It’s been said before but I will repeat it now  "its good times for flight sim enthusiast"

Best Wishes

Bob Laycock

• Upvote 1

Thank you for your hard work PMDG. You guys are the number 1 when it comes to aircraft.

I hope you guys think of yourself too. Take a break and get back some energy is very important. 

• Upvote 1

Philipp Schwaegerl

One can only imagine the immense workload of pushing out what is basically the entire product line to the x64 platform. OC 2.0 sounds interesting.

I second Erich in saying, that PMDG is one of the few developers that kept my interest in simming alive over the last 10 years. Maybe, with the emergence of new simulators, it will be another 10 years.

Thank you for going the extra mile to provide rock-solid stability and reliability.

• Upvote 2

Thanks to all the team for the tremendous effort to get these birds out the door so quick for those of us that took the plunge to P3D V4. They are now an absolute pleasure to "fly" ( and learn ) without the dreaded OOM's.:ampun::ampun:

As Alexander just posted, I can only imagine the hours put in and expletives emitted during the process !!

• Upvote 1

Thank you indeed, PMDG Team, for all the hard work and for providing these updates for v4.