Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[13JUL17] Quick update from us...

7 hours ago, PMDG777 said:

From what we've seen posted by PMDG on the forums, their plan is to eventually role out the 747 features backwards to the 777 and NGX, so my guess is that it will come to both platforms. When is another matter entirely that only PMDG know!

I've been waiting for these features since they release 747. It's awasome. I expected to add on these updates but I disappointed.

1 hour ago, ckaratr said:

I've been waiting for these features since they release 747. It's awasome. I expected to add on these updates but I disappointed.

I would love to see them too but I think PMDGs focus has been getting everything upgraded to P3Dv4 so that's delayed any new feature plans they might have had for the time being

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, ckaratr said:

We were VERY clear before the updates rolled out that the changes would be compatibility ONLY. No actual updates, apart from those necessary to make the aircraft function properly in the sim, were to be added, and that ended up being what happened.

• Upvote 3

Kyle Rodgers

8 hours ago, PMDG777 said:

I would love to see them too but I think PMDGs focus has been getting everything upgraded to P3Dv4 so that's delayed any new feature plans they might have had for the time being

Yes. It might be.

7 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

We were VERY clear before the updates rolled out that the changes would be compatibility ONLY. No actual updates, apart from those necessary to make the aircraft function properly in the sim, were to be added, and that ended up being what happened.

Thank you for your reply.

By the way, after update, when wheel chocks are set, GSX still ask to set parking brakes unlike before update.

Do we need to re-download the 300ER addon as well? 

Edited by rah321
Disregard

43 minutes ago, rah321 said:

Do we need to re-download the 300ER addon as well? 

If the OC says you do.

Dan Downs KCRP

Any ETA about the first 747 service pack, that you are working on?

Thanks.

James Goggi

8 minutes ago, jgoggi said:

Thanks.

DC-6 and 748 are first (and NGX -600/700), and that's after all these other minor bugs that have arisen since the 64 bit conversion are fixed. My best guess is SP1 will come for the 748 launch, but I could be wrong and PMDG won't tell us anything on it until it happens.

52 minutes ago, jgoggi said:

I'd be surprised if there was one, given they don't give out release dates.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

I'm very very happy indeed with my PMDG's products (737-800/900 & 777-200LR & extension package 777-300ER).

I received a msg from OC that an update is avaiable, a full installer, that i need to uninstall first the extension package (in my case just the 777-300ER) then the base package and reinstall first the base package then the extension and I understood it.

I did it with 737 base package but in OC notifications it's said that I have 1.20.8389 and need to get 1.20.8396. When trying to update from the OC it just opens a msg that tells me that I need to get it from PMDG website. Shouldn't it be made directly from OC?

Tks

21 minutes ago, cirurgiao said:

I'm very very happy indeed with my PMDG's products (737-800/900 & 777-200LR & extension package 777-300ER).

I received a msg from OC that an update is avaiable, a full installer, that i need to uninstall first the extension package (in my case just the 777-300ER) then the base package and reinstall first the base package then the extension and I understood it.

I did it with 737 base package but in OC notifications it's said that I have 1.20.8389 and need to get 1.20.8396. When trying to update from the OC it just opens a msg that tells me that I need to get it from PMDG website. Shouldn't it be made directly from OC?

Tks

No, not every update is able to be installed by the OC. If installer updates are released, a full uninstall reinstall of the PMDG will need to be done.

33 minutes ago, cirurgiao said:

There are updates avaiables, full installers,  and I understood that I need first to uninstall the extension then the base and reinstall first the base then the extension (as done previously). 

I got the new update full installer for 737-NGX base, uninstalled the old one, run the full installer and got the 8389 version. OC Notifications confirms 8389 and a new version 8396. I downloaded it. Does it require to uninstall 8389 before running 8396 installer or it can be done directly?

Tks

I got the new update full installer for 737-NGX base, uninstalled the old one, run the full installer and got the 8389 version. OC Notifications confirms 8389 and a new version 8396. I downloaded it. Does it require to uninstall 8389 before running 8396 installer or it can be done directly?

Edited by cirurgiao
I needed to clarify some info

34 minutes ago, cirurgiao said:

Definitly uninstall the old version first !

System: i7-10700K, 32GB RAM, RTX2070S 8GB, 1TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, Win10 64bit Home

40 minutes ago, cirurgiao said:

Does it require to uninstall 8389 before running 8396 installer or it can be done directly?

Any time you download a full installer, it's good practice to uninstall before reinstalling.

In our case, it is required.

Kyle Rodgers