Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[13JUL17] Quick update from us...

Thanks PMDG team. I just did a flight in the 77F and have / had the autobrake clicky problem, was going to raise a ticket but checked here first. Good to see it is on the fix list. Well done everyone on the team for what you have brought us!

The work and dedication of you and the PMDG team is much appreciated and continues to lead the way in innovation and development for our sims.  A much deserved vacation I hope gets rewarded to all of you. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Robert, the full reinstall process is not the issue, its the broken liveries.  Every time I do the full install I have these orphaned liveries that the OC wants me to rename.  What is the proper process for having the OC reinstall these?

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Thanks Robert for the update. Sorry for asking, but what about the 777-200ER?

greetings, Phil Tereny

Just now, medic89 said:

Thanks Robert for the update. Sorry for asking, but what about the 777-200ER?

greetings, Phil Tereny

Hasn't been confirmed by PMDG.

• Upvote 1

Enjoy a good break after all this, and thanks!

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

1 hour ago, MarkW said:

Robert, the full reinstall process is not the issue, its the broken liveries.  Every time I do the full install I have these orphaned liveries that the OC wants me to rename.  What is the proper process for having the OC reinstall these?

Mark, I had no such trouble this time with the liveries. It asked only once with the notification whether to reinstall them or not. After that, it went much more smoothly and no issues since.

Be sure to remove the PMDG programs and reinstall with the latest downloads for 777/747/737 and it should work much better for you.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Now that the livery repair function has been fixed in OC, reinstalling your products is no issue at all for me. Took 20 minutes to reinstall all your products. 

Mahalo nui loa for your prodigious efforts in releasing and updating a quality product.  Your aircraft are definitely the gold standard against which other developers should measure themselves.

David Rosenblum

Atlas Air Boeing 767 Captain; previously a Boeing 747-400/-8 First Officer

Jetline Gravity GTX | Aorus Z370 Gaming 7 motherboard | i7 8700K overclocked to 5 GHz | 32GB 3 GHz Corsair DDR4 SDRAM | 11GB GTX 1080 Ti | 1TB Samsung 960 Pro m.2 SSD | 2TB WD Black 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s HDD | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Dual Stage Liquid Cooling | 3 Dell S2716DG G-Sync monitors on Jestik Arc stand | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Logitech G Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, Throttles and Pedals

2 hours ago, cosnowboarder_777 said:

Thanks for all the hard work guys. Looking forward to the 748 and whatever the next project is.

the 748 is definetely the acft I am eagerly waiting for :)

Cheers
Wolfgang

1hxz6d.png

4 hours ago, MarkW said:

Mark, are you using P3Dv4?  The OC update that was pushed out a few days ago, the one that added NGX P3Dv4 to the menu and caused such a stir, included a fix for the problem.  The change log includes this entry, "Fixed: Livery restoration functionality in P3D v3/P3D v4 (User must run OC, clear any notifications, then exit OC in order generate new backup files and return to normal operation)". Hope this helps.

General note to all:  Please start a new thread when you have a problem with any product rather than inject it into a general news item such as this.

Dan Downs KCRP

9 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

Captains,

A quick update from us before I head off for the evening...

Firstly, thank you for all of the kind words here in the forum and during our interactions with the folks who have popped up in tech support.  Sometimes in the blur of the day-to-day, we just don't get a chance to interact and joke around a bit and enjoy the parts of the hobby and community that we enjoy.

This week has been a bit unusual because Paul is traveling overseas (or, on the continent for you folks over there) and Ryan is in the midst of a cross country move- so we have been very under-staffed on the support side which means that I get to shed my usual nightly code routine and instead cover for them.  It has been fun chatting with a few of you during the process- and the kind word have meant a great deal.

Okay- so on to the business end:

- 777 users:  We have had a few reports of the Autobrake switch having trouble and emitting a clicking sound.  I'll get to that tomorrow...  (dang thing... i should have left it broken.  LOL)

- License Library Handle Failed:  We have a number of reports, mostly from P3D v3.4 users of this error appearing and then preventing you from activating.  We are investigating and we will issue a fix the moment we have a "handle" on it.  (See what I did there? :biggrin:)

- "Why do i need to keep reinstalling" complai...<cough> users:  I'm sorry it is inconvenient for you to do so- but we do know what we are doing and we are trying to increase the stability level of everyone in the community by making sure we baseline certain prerequisites on the install that will allow us to use the micro-update process without being inundated with traffic from folks who have faulty installations.  I'd expect probably one, maybe two, three or four more cycles where we do a "full sweep" just so that we can be sure to get everyone the most stable platform that they can have...   I'm sorry it frustrates a few users but....   It is better than having 10,000 possible iterations of problems burying the support team and preventing them from helping anyone effectively!  (Note:  You would be amazed at how complex installation is across our customer base... what should be pretty simple really isn't...)

- Operations Center Updates:  I think we will push a few more OC updates in the coming week to stomp out a few items that are still there nagging at us.  At that point you will see OC updates slow down as we shift focus instead to building up OC2.0- which should really hum and sing nicely with lots of neat new features.

I think that covers most of what I want you to know tonight. 

The past 120 days have seen a herculean effort on the part of our team, and I don't say it often enough but these guys have really been breaking their backs to bring you our products in Prepar3D v4 in a timely fashion.  We had a workflow plan for 2017 that involved releasing the 744, completing the 748 and taking some time off to recouperate from a very hard development cycle- but instead we had to shuffle the schedule and shift almost all of our resources to these P3D v4 conversions. 

You have no idea how happy we will be once the NGX 600/700 is out the door and we can put all of this in the rear-view mirror!

Speaking of looking back:  The DC-6 is pending!  More on that later in the day Thursday!

so.... Should I install or wait for the 6700 NGX?

Flying Tigers Group

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg