Sign in to follow this  

Hi all,

Just this morning, I was told that people were experiencing failures when activating PTA for P3D v4 (2.51). Normally with stuff like this, it's an easy remedy as we have direct control over the server - usually a reboot works just fine. However...

When I purchased PTA, although I was given the source code to the program plus all of the server side code, for ease, we decided to keep the current server that you use to activate PTA live. This server is not owned by us (it belongs to Yuri, the original PTA developer).

It would seem this morning, said server has been completely nuked - I am not sure of the reason why and to be quite frank, I don't have the energy to keep chasing people around.

So, now is the time to take full control and set up our own activation server. We're doing this as we speak.

There will be an update to PTA soon with the reflected changes as to which server is used to activate the product - all I ask for is a little time.

Note: If you purchased PTA during the down time, you will be put into a queue for your serial to be assigned to your account - once the activation server is back up we'll sort this out for you as a matter of urgency.

I understand this is frustrating - I have been tearing my hair out all morning trying to resolve this. 

Thanks for your patience and support - I'll keep you updated.

Matt.

Matt Davies

Founder/CEO - Mettar Simulations

=====
Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA) available here: https://www.simtweaks.com
projectFLY - one of the most used virtual aviation platforms (now with GLOBAL schedules):  https://www.projectfly.co.uk

Thanks for letting us know, take the time you need.  Do it once, do it right.  Regards.

M.

Very Best Wishes,

Dr T. Maurice Murphy

Thanks Matt. 

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

28 minutes ago, jimos87 said:

So im confused, the activation number i was sent today is valid or not?

It'll be valid once we sort out the activation issues.

Matt Davies

=====
projectFLY - one of the most used virtual aviation platforms (now with GLOBAL schedules):  https://www.projectfly.co.uk

THIS is the problem of constant online validations.
I understand that you have to protect the program, but that implies that every time there is a problem on your side, users are harmed.
The validation system each time the program is used does not prevent illegal programs but causes inconvenience to users who have legal programs.
Maybe it's time to rethink the protection system for something more effective.
It can even have periodic but not constant validations, because in case of net faults on one side we are unable to use it.

thanks for the update Matt.  I was just going to report this issue. :gaul:

Capt. Robert Rixx

6 hours ago, Fmpm said:

THIS is the problem of constant online validations.
I understand that you have to protect the program, but that implies that every time there is a problem on your side, users are harmed.
The validation system each time the program is used does not prevent illegal programs but causes inconvenience to users who have legal programs.
Maybe it's time to rethink the protection system for something more effective.
It can even have periodic but not constant validations, because in case of net faults on one side we are unable to use it.

I appreciate what you're saying, but until today anything activation related was completely out of my control.

We've now implemented a way to completely avoid issues should the activation server go down - we have full control of everything now :)

I will eat my own words should this ever happen again (but it wont).

• Upvote 1

Matt Davies

=====

Glad to hear that.
Thankfully, you solved it quickly. :ha:
Good job.

Matt ,

What would you say the ETA of the activation server being back in service?

:gaul:

Capt. Robert Rixx

11 minutes ago, FireRx said:

Matt ,

What would you say the ETA of the activation server being back in service?

:gaul:

I've received e-mail from SimTweaks. Server is up and running. You must download the latest version of PTA via the "My Account" section of the website - the version number is now 2.52.

CPU Intel Core i9 13900K, GPU :RTX 4090 FE, RAM : Corsair Vengeance DDR5 32GB@6000MHz, SSD : Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe M2, Monitor : Asus PG42 UQ

17 hours ago, MattDavies said:

Hi all,

Just this morning, I was told that people were experiencing failures when activating PTA for P3D v4 (2.51). Normally with stuff like this, it's an easy remedy as we have direct control over the server - usually a reboot works just fine. However...

When I purchased PTA, although I was given the source code to the program plus all of the server side code, for ease, we decided to keep the current server that you use to activate PTA live. This server is not owned by us (it belongs to Yuri, the original PTA developer).

It would seem this morning, said server has been completely nuked - I am not sure of the reason why and to be quite frank, I don't have the energy to keep chasing people around.

So, now is the time to take full control and set up our own activation server. We're doing this as we speak.

There will be an update to PTA soon with the reflected changes as to which server is used to activate the product - all I ask for is a little time.

Note: If you purchased PTA during the down time, you will be put into a queue for your serial to be assigned to your account - once the activation server is back up we'll sort this out for you as a matter of urgency.

I understand this is frustrating - I have been tearing my hair out all morning trying to resolve this. 

Matt.

I cannot activate my copy of PTA.  I upgraded to the 2.51 version and it has totally messed up my install of P3Dv4.

I had already activated it, then I restarted it and it wants to be activated again, but it won't accept the activation.

How can I get this corrected?

Thank you, 

Bob

You should download PTA v2.52 to use the new activation server.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

22 hours ago, MattDavies said:

Hi all,

Matt, could you please send me an answer to my last e-mail? Thanks

Yuri

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.