Sign in to follow this  
ehtx28

At my wits end: 737 Crashing P3D every single time.

Hello, I bought this product yesterday for P3D v4...unfortunately it is crashing my sim every single time I go to load the plane........I have re-installed to no avail......I know this isn't much info to go on but would appreciate some help here...gutted...spent hours already trying to find and resolve the issue....all other things work....as soon as i try to load the plane i get the dreaded p3d.exe has stopped working message......

Take care,

Rick Adams

I had constant  CTDs with the PMDG 747, 777 and TFDI 717 the first couple of weeks using P3D v4. The AVSIM CTD Guide helped me cure them. Basically, what worked for me was updating my nvidia drivers AND disabling the nvidea HD audio. Haven't had any CTOs since.

If you do have nvidia GPU, might be worth a try.

Mario Di Lauro

1 hour ago, ehtx28 said:

Hello, I bought this product yesterday for P3D v4...unfortunately it is crashing my sim every single time I go to load the plane........I have re-installed to no avail......I know this isn't much info to go on but would appreciate some help here...gutted...spent hours already trying to find and resolve the issue....all other things work....as soon as i try to load the plane i get the dreaded p3d.exe has stopped working message......

Disable all 3rd party scenery and try load again. 

Thanks for the responses: disabled all add ons...no effect :( 

It is wierd: yesterday i was able to load the plane and enter the registration details: then after a while it just wouldnt let me start up......

Take care,

Rick Adams

Can you just go to AppData / Roaming / Lockheed Martin and delete the P3D.cfg? P3D will create a new one when you start it

Philipp Schwaegerl

No nothing seems to be working: I will go through the CTD thread again and see if I missed something and keep an eye on responses here. I also sent a support ticket. ......thanks for everyone's help. I am sure it will get sorted: just a pain that I cant fly now....

Take care,

Rick Adams

2 minutes ago, ehtx28 said:

No nothing seems to be working: I will go through the CTD thread again and see if I missed something and keep an eye on responses here. I also sent a support ticket. ......thanks for everyone's help. I am sure it will get sorted: just a pain that I cant fly now....

Full names are required in the PMDG forums. I suggest you submit a support ticket.

Yep sorry about that, thanks for the help....hope to get it solved: had a day off to play around today but am stuck installing and re-installing :(

Take care,

Rick Adams

Reinstalling what? My next suggestion would be just to uninstall and reinstall the P3D v4 client (would just be a matter of 2 minutes)

Philipp Schwaegerl

Is there any way to re-do the registration process? or should that show up automatically if I reinstall the aircraft: my sense is that something is going wrong there.....

Take care,

Rick Adams

Well I'll be darned.....just managed to get it loaded......not sure why but it seems to be working now.....

Take care,

Rick Adams

Spoke too soon unfortunately: is it possible that certain repaints can cause a problem? Once I load the PDMG house livery it crashes and wont restart even with a different repaint....

Take care,

Rick Adams

Okay, okay, I am the idiot.....I wasn't starting as admin even though I thought I was! 

Take care,

Rick Adams

I had the same, now I load the kingair as my favorite and then change plane when P3D is running.

Hope this helps.

Leo de Haan