Sign in to follow this  
Albin

Microstutters caused by the Q400. But why?

I installed the Q400 a few days ago and I love it. It's really good modelled and I like to fly them. I managed to get p3d v3 very smooth with all aircrafts, including the pmdg 777 witch is quite heavy to run. But, with the Q400 my frame jump and the frametimes is all over the place. With the 777 it's a smooth line. Why does the Q400 get my sim to stutter. 

1 hour ago, Albin said:

I installed the Q400 a few days ago and I love it. It's really good modelled and I like to fly them. I managed to get p3d v3 very smooth with all aircrafts, including the pmdg 777 witch is quite heavy to run. But, with the Q400 my frame jump and the frametimes is all over the place. With the 777 it's a smooth line. Why does the Q400 get my sim to stutter. 

Just a guess, maybe becouse you get a much better fps with Q400. Have you tried with limited fps(a value that you can mantain)?

Deactivate AffinityMask setting if you have it in Prepar3D.cfg

\Robert Hamlich/

22 minutes ago, lodestar said:

Just a guess, maybe becouse you get a much better fps with Q400. Have you tried with limited fps(a value that you can mantain)?

Not a big diffrence, and when I fly a2a aircrafts I can get about 50 fps with no stutters so I don't think it's about what. 

8 minutes ago, HUSSAR said:

Deactivate AffinityMask setting if you have it in Prepar3D.cfg

I don't have an AffinityMask so not caused by that

1 hour ago, Albin said:

Not a big diffrence, and when I fly a2a aircrafts I can get about 50 fps with no stutters so I don't think it's about what. 

I don't know then, since i don't have P3D V3, i used Majestic in FSX only and now i'm waiting for P3D V4 version. But i remember many threads about this in Majestic forums, try there. Majestic Q400 has many things running outside of sim, you can set which cores to use by adding affinity to Q400 .ini file. This worked well for some people.

Here are some threads about:

https://www.google.de/search?q=majestic+q400+affinity+mask&rlz=1C1CHBD_enDE727DE727&oq=majestic+q400+affinity+mask&aqs=chrome..69i57.10687j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#q=majestic+q400+affinity+mask+site:majesticsoftware.com

5 hours ago, lodestar said:

I don't know then, since i don't have P3D V3, i used Majestic in FSX only and now i'm waiting for P3D V4 version. But i remember many threads about this in Majestic forums, try there. Majestic Q400 has many things running outside of sim, you can set which cores to use by adding affinity to Q400 .ini file. This worked well for some people.

Here are some threads about:

https://www.google.de/search?q=majestic+q400+affinity+mask&rlz=1C1CHBD_enDE727DE727&oq=majestic+q400+affinity+mask&aqs=chrome..69i57.10687j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#q=majestic+q400+affinity+mask+site:majesticsoftware.com

Thank you so much, I did this http://majesticsoftware.com/forums/discussion/1838/relation-of-affinitymask-in-fsx-cfg-and-mjc-ini-entries/p1

and more smoother. But still, the q400 stutters more then the a2a and pmdg. So any ideas what more that can caise the stutters and what can improve sthe smoothness. 

Any ideas. I've tried all settings in the Q400 control panel but don't see much of a difference. 

For one to attempt to get a grasp of what may be going on with your Q400, you left out the good details such as:

a.  Simulator in use and version:
b.  Q400 Edition & applicable patches:
c.  Operating System:
d.  Possible ad-dons used along side the Q400:

Stutters can be cause by a wide variety of things, and in "most" cases it boils down to the user's configuration or a third-party utility such as "auto-save" within the FSUIPC tool.

I would recommend that you post your issue over a the Majestic Software forum where we can attempt to have a closer look at your issue.  If you are not a registered user then kindly follow the link and follow the steps for registering at the MJC forum.

Cheers

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos