Sign in to follow this  
mongo44

Need Some Help With Click Spots in VC.

Hi all: I need some help with click spots on my 737 (I haven't checks to see of this problem crops in the 777 or 747).  I just installed the 737, 777, and 747 into P3D Ver. 4.  I set up a camera view with Chaseplane on the Autopilot, but the click spots are not working.  Sometime the little hand appears, but it just a quickly disappears and I can't turn on the the flight director, autothrottle, or even turn on any of the other functions on the autopilot.  I've seen several references to a similar problem using Ezdok, but not with chaseplane.  Anyone have any ideas?  Also, if I remember correctly, didn't there use to be a way to pull up a 2D view of just the autopilot in the 737.  Has this been removed in the recent version of the software? Thanks in advance.

Mike Gutierrez, North Hollywood, California

Michael Gutierrez. North Hollywood, California

10 minutes ago, mongo44 said:

Hi all: I need some help with click spots on my 737 (I haven't checks to see of this problem crops in the 777 or 747).  I just installed the 737, 777, and 747 into P3D Ver. 4.  I set up a camera view with Chaseplane on the Autopilot, but the click spots are not working.  Sometime the little hand appears, but it just a quickly disappears and I can't turn on the the flight director, autothrottle, or even turn on any of the other functions on the autopilot.  I've seen several references to a similar problem using Ezdok, but not with chaseplane.  Anyone have any ideas?  Also, if I remember correctly, didn't there use to be a way to pull up a 2D view of just the autopilot in the 737.  Has this been removed in the recent version of the software? Thanks in advance.

Make sure your viewpoint is not in the seat, if it is you're trying to click the seat not the buttons. Move your viewpoint forward a bit and report back. 

27 minutes ago, mongo44 said:

I've got the same, no chase plane or EZCam installed. None of the buttons working.

8 minutes ago, dutchkip said:

I've got the same, no chase plane or EZCam installed. None of the buttons working.

Full names required in the forums.

Is your aircraft activated or do you have no gear etc.

13 minutes ago, dutchkip said:

Sorry, what do you mean with activated?

Leo de Haan

Hi: The NGX is activated and I have gear. I initially had a problem with that, but then I read about a conflict with the Aerosoft OV-10.  Now everything is fine.  All the systems load up, I was able to enter a flight plan, its just the click spots that are problematic.  Mike Gutierrez

I've sorted it.

Un-installed PMDG, run ccleaner, run regedit and removed all PMDG entries, reboot, re-installed PMDG, reboot and all working now.

Leo

15 hours ago, dutchkip said:

I've sorted it.

Un-installed PMDG, run ccleaner, run regedit and removed all PMDG entries, reboot, re-installed PMDG, reboot and all working now.

Leo

Spoke too soon.

It wll only start if I start P3D and have Kingair as my favorite saved. Then I change plane once Scenario screen is up.

Leo de Haan

Scotland.

Hi: Again. I’m still having problems with click spots on several of the PMDG aircraft.  I recently uninstalled Chase Plane and all the PMDG aircraft.  I then reinstalled the most recent versions (from July 12) of all of the available planes (737-800 & 900, 747, 777-200 & 300ER), checked the click spots, and several still do not work.  The following is a summary of the problems.

1. 737 - The 737 installed OK.  I have landing gear, and the panel displays appear (no black screens) fine. The click spots on the autopilot, however, do not work from the VC view. I will place the mouse over the control, and if I move it slightly, the hand will appear. But when I then press the click button to make a change, the hand disappears, and either the button will not press, or the knob will not turn.  If I pull up the 2-D panel while in VC view mode, I can manipulate the controls on the autopilot, and I will see the changes being made on the VC autopilot.

Also, the HUD is missing

Other click spots work, such as the overhead panel, and the center console.

2. 777 – Most of the click spots work except the fuel controls on the upper panel.  I cannot click on the various fuel controls on the upper panel in VC mode.

I use P3D Ver. 4, and I am running it on Windows 10 on an older computer (Pentium 920), 12 Gb Ram, and two Nvidia GTX 960 video cards in SLI.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Mike Gutierrez, North Hollywood, California