Sign in to follow this  
1mikel151

WARNING!!! DO NOT.....

....Download the latest IE (Internet Explorer) Beta v7.I did this past weekend and it really messed up FS, and I'm just now getting everything sorted.After years of running Mozilla/Foxfire, I should have known better, especially with a Beta release.MS tied Internet Explorer into FS to a degree that this Beta version really creates a bit of havoc, I assume there must be some conficts between some of the new .dll's, and the old ones (with the same names) which FS needs to run without problems.At least on my system, it was not a good mix at all. Luckily I did not loose too much, but still have some rebuilding to do.

Man, I wish I would have seen that ;) Unfortunately IE was already on my system.Actually, it does more than that, but that was a clue to me that the IE Explorer was my problem.As I run FSM Moving Map, and it also has a web browser interface, the first time I realized there was a problem was when I tried calling up my kneeboard.....'bing'.....errorUnless you get rid of the v7 IE, you cannot rebuild your fs.cfg, as FS wants to access the web pages (you somewhat refered to) at start-up. Which kept booting me back out of the program.Frustrating to say the least, and I'll be using Foxfire/Mozilla for a long time to come me thinks ;)But...I guess that is why they call it a beta.Perhaps this notice needs a 'sticky'

Guest ScottPilot

Hence the word BETA! You always take a risk when using software that isn't ready for wide-release.Good Luck!Scott:-eek :-eek

Guest alextooi

Hi,To make IE7 & FS9 live together, please follow the below steps1)Go to FS9 root directory (folder)2)Look for 'oleacc.dll' file3)Back up 'oleacc.dll' to your others backup folder4)Then delete the 'oleacc.dll' at FS9 root directory.Then start up FS9, thing will become okay with IE7 installed.B/Regards...Alex Ooi

Hey, it's already gone from my machine.I'll stick with Mozilla/Firefox.Hopefully they fix this when Vista is released; and the new IE is included with that.I just done't like what I saw anyway; Mozilla/Firefox is still much better.

Guest Pyjamas

>I just done't like what I saw anyway; Mozilla/Firefox is still>much better.You're right there. The whole imbedding the browser into the system was just a bad idea.Pyjamas

Guest aca_dia

You said it.That is the primary reason MS is unable to update development features of the browser on a regular basis and why IE is hopelessly behind with most web standards. I have IE7 installed to text CSS functionality (which is still way behind). It did screw up some functions in FS9, but the above fix solved the problems I had completely.