Sign in to follow this  
DrHotwing1

IPACS Latest News Blog

1 hour ago, DrHotwing1 said:

note here that you can use 3DS Max, Cinema4D, or AC3D currently to model, with more options on the way

More options on the way, this is great news to people using Blender :cool:

It looks cool. I hope you guys seriously consider developing a tool like Ortho4XP, or just adopt it for FS2. Combined with OSM it does wonders for making massive amount scenery covering huge area with nicely placed autogen. 

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

28 minutes ago, FlyIce said:

It looks cool. I hope you guys seriously consider developing a tool like Ortho4XP, or just adopt it for FS2. Combined with OSM it does wonders for making massive amount scenery covering huge area with nicely placed autogen. 

But all these are available already:

Ortho4XP loosely corresponds to Geoconvert

World2XP loosely corresponds to Cultivation

It's all there.

Kind regards Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

You're right. I just hope the tools can be more polished before I give them a try. Too busy with Ortho4XP already. 

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

Geoconvert isn't much harder than Ortho4XP. I did a small region using it myself. Cultivation is more complex, but World2XP certainly isn't simple either (I never created anything using it myself but just used sceneries from Simheaven).

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

ORBX Monterey Regional Airport Released on Steam

Greetings and Happy Holidays,

We know that many of you have been waiting for the release of ORBX Monterey Regional Airport on Steam, well the wait is over!

You can now download ORBX Monterey via Steam DLC (Steam may release this download at different times). If you haven't purchased this airport yet, you don't know what you are missing. This is truly another Jarrad Marshall masterpiece that you shouldn't miss out on.

On behalf of the entire IPACS team, we would like to wish all of you a happy and joyous holiday season. It was a truly remarkable year with many milestones. We look forward to showing what's in store for you in 2018, we are confident that we will set the bar even higher. 

Thank you all for sticking with us and for your loyalty. Your support keeps us motivated and determined to make Aerofly even better; and that's what we are going to do!

orbxm

Greetings fellow flight simmers, happy 2018!

The holidays are over so it's time to get back to work! 2018 is going to be an epic year for Aerofly with some real 'meat and potatoes' coming to the already established Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator core. While Torsten and Marc are hard at work coding away I thought that I would take the time to give to you some insight into what's in the hangar. 

Let's face it, Aerofly FS 2 in VR is nothing short of amazing, so let's focus a little bit more on VR shall we. One of the features planned to be released shortly is the adoption of motion control or 'VR Hands'. Our focus on this feature is to take advantage of motion and gesture control to allow you to fully operate your aircraft. The goal here is to take a hybrid approach to provide users with some options on control. Look out for more on this new feature in the coming weeks. We are currently working on this and the release will be soon. 

Many of you are real-world pilots so you know the importance (and joy) of using a logbook. We feel that this is another important feature that should be a part of Aerofly so this will be added in a future update as well. 

Many of you have been wondering for a while now where the Air Traffic Control (ATC) feature is. I can tell you this, it is nothing short of complex coding this feature. You all know  by now that we do not release a feature unless it meets our high quality standards, and ATC is no exception. What I can tell you is that it will be unique and well thought out. This is a very important feature and we want to get it just right. There is no flight simulator on the market today that has perfect ATC; we are trying to greatly improve upon that, and that takes time. ATC is actively being worked on and we plan on getting it finished up and released as quickly as we can, but it's just not ready yet. Please be patient with us and we will try very hard to make it worth the wait. 

Also in 2018 look for much more from our friends over at ORBX. 

We also have a couple of surprises for you coming as well that you will be delighted to see. 

Check back often while we give you more insight on what's being worked on for Aerofly FS 2.

Looking back on 2017 it was a very important year for Aerofly. Even though you didn't see a ton of new core features added:

> A lot of work was done to make a solid core to properly build upon. This allowed us to leave Early Access which was a very important milestone. 

> A lot of work was also done on the functionality and physics of our aircraft fleet. 

> An emphasis on performance while maintaining the strong graphics of Aerofly was also a top priority and a very difficult task.

> Much work went into building a solid VR core; it's always a challenge to provide the superior graphics that you see in VR while maintaining the FPS required for a smooth VR experience.

Aerofly FS 2 is being developed with passion, precision, and care. All of us here on the IPACS team know that we are slow moving at times but we want to make Aerofly the best flight simulator of all times.

Most importantly, 2017 was successful because of the support and encouragement from you, the flight simulator community. Thank you for embracing the possibilities of Aerofly and trusting in us to build you a great product. 

To the other flight simulators out there, we respect you but we are here to stay and we aren't going anywhere. 

• Upvote 2

Your NEW 'VR Hands' Are Coming!

hand

To add to the already exceptional VR experience we are hard at work finishing up on the next major VR feature that we are sure will bring a new unique enjoyment to Aerofly FS 2. With the performance and overall immersion that you already get in VR with Aerofly FS 2 how could we possibly make it better? That answer is coming soon!

• Upvote 1

Aerosoft to release installers for Switzerland, New York, and Colorado

To all Aerofly DVD owners, Aerosoft will be releasing installers for Switzerland, New York, and Colorado DLC's soon. This will allow for you to begin adding DLC libraries to your DVD copy of Aerofly FS 2.

Once this is released, we will provide you with more information.

• Upvote 1

Great news that I waited before to order...I hope the Q400 will follow ?

Thank you and Regards,

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator Released for Mac Today! 

mac

ATTENTION MAC USERS

Riding the wake of the official Aerofly FS 2 release we are pleased to announce that our Mac users will now have a flight simulator they can call their own. That's right, Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator is officially released today for Mac!

This new version will be equal to the PC version so don't expect a watered down port, expect the same experience that PC users are currently enjoying.

We here at IPACS embrace variety so we want to insure that whether you are a dedicated PC, Mac, mobile, or even Linux user, we have you covered. We want everyone to experience what we are building with Aerofly.

As with any flight simulator, your performance will vary depending on the power of your system, however, since the Mac version is equal to the PC version we will treat and support both versions equally the same. The minimum system to run Aerofly FS 2 is Mac OS 10.13

We look forward to a long relationship with our new Mac friends.

• Upvote 1

Orbx - Eagle County (KEGE) Colorado Releases Today for Aerofly FS 2!

Releasing soon on Steam!

A classic Orbx destination developed by Jarrad Marshall, Eagle County has been brought to life for Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator!

aerofly_fs_2_kege_orbx_03

Eagle-Vail has been painstakingly optimized to make the most out of the Aerofly FS 2 engine. Crisp terrain textures, extremely dense vegetation, 3D night lighting, animations and sloped runways are just a few of the features you can expect to see. Additionally, KEGE has been color-matched to blend with the surrounding Aerofly Colorado freeware DLC, ensuring a seamless transition to surrounding locations such as Denver and Aspen. All of this is combined with Aerofly's famous high performance, to ensure the most immersive experience for both traditional and VR simmers.

Key Features

* Highly-detailed rendition of KEGE

* Massive 1500 sq km coverage area

* Incredible ground textures at 30/60 cm

* Gypsum Creek Ranch & Avon STOL Port

* Amazing sloped runway

* Ultra-dense vegetation cultivation

* Hand-placed buildings for entire coverage area

* Animated PeopleFlow2 technology

* 3D night lighting

* Detailed and fps-friendly grass

* Animated airport vehicles

* Many landmarks and POI

* Terrain color-blended to surrounding area

* Unique building textures

* Dozens of custom aircraft & GSE

* Runway and taxiway lighting

* 100% compatible with Colorado DLC

* Developed by ORBX Simulation Systems

Be sure to pick up your copy today!

• Upvote 1

Jeff

The AFS2 *About* page needs updating. No mention of Colorado, etc.

Bruce

Today's Update

Today's update had work related to how input controls interact with Aerofly's input system. In doing this you may need to reconfigure your controller(s) again as this update may erase your control bindings.

After significant changes to the control input handling we sometimes have to start with a fresh configuration. This is the only this way we can make sure that all new features are set up correctly. If we were to use your current settings it could introduce a lot of bugs and you may not be able to control your aircraft as you were before due to internal changes.

We apologize in advance if you have to reassign your controls but this is a critical step at this point.