Sign in to follow this  
hariseldon

V4 fresh installs : incomplete graphics, HUD deactivated (?)

Hi,

sorry but I could not find any answer to my problem:

I've just installed/uninstalled twice the product, after downloading two different installers of the 737 for P3dv4

in the VC:
- I read a plate on the first display "HUD DEACTIVATED"
- the little levers on the overhead panel are depicted incomplete
- no levers are depicted on the throttle section (speedbrakes, throttle, flaps, engine fuel)
- a lot of knobs/buttons on the MCP are missing
outside view:
- I see only internal parts (cockpit, engine fans), no hull no wings no gear

the p3dv3 version is working correctly

I had a similar problem with Carenado's 177 and 210 v4 installers, yet redownloading, unistalling and reinstalling was the solution, a few days ago

thanks for help

Marco Gabbrielli

12 minutes ago, hariseldon said:

I had a similar problem with Carenado's 177 and 210 v4 installers, yet redownloading, unistalling and reinstalling was the solution, a few days ago

Sounds a lot like a local issue, then. Make sure to run the installers as an admin. You may also want to temporarily disable your anti-virus software, as it may be corrupting the download, or interfering with the install.

Kyle Rodgers

! I've checked also other planes, and some of them (mostly, the stock ones ?!), F22 i.e., are affected by similar issue

moreover, like for the 737, some buttons/knobs are almost transparent (?!), which leaves me confused, because the issue is not affecting every plane

the only change I made has been to update p3dv4, a few days ago, to its latest release (flawlessly, I've done it a lot of times since p3dv3)

what about the "hud deactivated" message, can you please give me any hint? (why is it displayed...)

definetly my issue is local: I've uninstalled, again, the 737 from V3 and V4, then I used the installer to reinstall on both: V3 works perfectly, V4 is not

1 hour ago, hariseldon said:

definetly my issue is local: I've uninstalled, again, the 737 from V3 and V4, then I used the installer to reinstall on both: V3 works perfectly, V4 is not

If it's working in v3 but not v4, and as you mentioned in your earlier post, other aircraft are affected, then this isn't a PMDG issue. I'd suggest starting fresh with your P3D install. You may also want to ensure that your anti-virus program is not actively scanning v4, since it's a new directory location.

Kyle Rodgers

I got the solution by repeating the P3d v4 client update process over itself: all the aircrafts are back now

thanks for directions

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, hariseldon said:

I got the solution by repeating the P3d v4 client update process over itself: all the aircrafts are back now

thanks for directions

Glad that worked!

Kyle Rodgers