Sign in to follow this  
G-YMML1

FSUIPC for V4. Do I really need it?

8 hours ago, Jim Young said:

I use it to log and monitor my flights such as the following flight from KLAS to KSFO yesterday.

Jim,

What settings do I do in FSUIPC to get that log?

Edited by n4gix
For heaven's sake, don't quote an entire post. Please!

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

To the OP. you do not need it based on what you said. For most casual simmers, they do not need it.  If you are a fairly serious simmer, then yeah, its a must have.

But at least use the freeware.. install it without registration at the minimum. Many addons depend on FSUIPC (without registration. The freeware) , You do not have to spend the money if you do not want to. We are all loyal and grateful  to Pete Dowson. But you need to realize that on your own.

But it  has tonnes of other stuff that could be useful like others have already stated  and get familiar with FSUIPC There is a PDF that comes with the install. And see if you would use those other functions that comes with registering (Payware).

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

49 minutes ago, Manny said:

Jim,

What settings do I do in FSUIPC to get that log?

Open up FSUIPC after starting up P3D (or FSX), click on the logging tab under FSUIPC Options and Settings.  I use Normal Log File but you can also log weather and other things during your flight by checking the appropriate boxes..

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Really, just having it autosave my last aircraft and panel switchology settings when I quit the sim so I get dropped right back into the same situation on the next sim-start is worth it.