Sign in to follow this  
Richard McDonald Woods

How to suspend my license?

I am about to rebuild by PC.

I can find no instructions on how to suspend my license.

How do I suspend my B77W license?

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

You can find the option on the FMC (if in a cold and dark state just keep pressing "MENU") inside the PMDG options somewhere. I am not at home so i cannot confirm the exact location.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

38 minutes ago, Richard McDonald Woods said:

I am about to rebuild by PC.

I can find no instructions on how to suspend my license.

How do I suspend my B77W license?

Hi Richard,  I was surprised to not find this in the Introduction Table of Contents so I searched on keyword "license" and first hit was on "IMPORTANT -  READ THIS PAGE,"  sorry but it is in all caps.  Bottom bullet has the information you seek.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi Dan,

You must be getting used to being a star!:biggrin:

I have to admit to not having thought of the Introduction manual. I was searching the PMDG forums and was surprised not to have found something referring to it.

All set now for my upgrade to i7-6700k, z270, 1080ti + 2xSSD.

Again, many thanks.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

2 hours ago, Richard McDonald Woods said:

upgrade to i7-6700k, z270, 1080ti + 2xSSD.

Richard, that is more or less the hardware I want to next upgrade to. Maybe not quite the 1080 as it is way too pricey for me, but a 1070 Ti maybe. Question? Is that an Intel CPU that would handle the P3D v4 that I have not quite got around to buying as I want the system to be able to handle the v4, without issues?

13 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Richard, that is more or less the hardware I want to next upgrade to. Maybe not quite the 1080 as it is way too pricey for me, but a 1070 Ti maybe. Question? Is that an Intel CPU that would handle the P3D v4 that I have not quite got around to buying as I want the system to be able to handle the v4, without issues?

There is no such thing as a 1070 Ti... Only "plain" 1070, 1080 and 1080 Ti.

7 minutes ago, Raven9000 said:

There is no such thing as a 1070 Ti... Only "plain" 1070, 1080 and 1080 Ti.

Ok.

1 hour ago, vc10man said:

Question? Is that an Intel CPU that would handle the P3D v4 that I have not quite got around to buying as I want the system to be able to handle the v4, without issues?

As long as you have external graphics, you're fine. Integrated graphics on the card will be awful. I tried it, just to see how bad it would be, before I put my cards in.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi Rick,

Yes, an Intel CPU overclocked to 4.8GHz (according to supplier).

I have now modified my planned config to:

• i7-7700k
  • 16GB DDR4
  • Z270 Gaming 8 mobo
  • GTX 1080ti
  • SM961 M.2 512GB SSD
  • SM961 M.2 1TB SSD
  • 650W PSU
  • Corsair Hydro Series H100i v2 Performance Liquid CPU Cooler

I am still undecided whether I should get the second SSD or just a single 1TB SSD. Also haven't yet identified a suitable 28-32" 4K monitor.

HTH

Cheers, Richard

Stupid, but why would you suspend?

What if you just do a reinstall, or am I missing something?

Ty,
Maikel Rozemeijer NL

9 minutes ago, pe1123 said:

Stupid, but why would you suspend?

What if you just do a reinstall, or am I missing something?

Ty,
Maikel Rozemeijer NL

Read the post again, self explanatory. 

\Robert Hamlich/

45 minutes ago, Richard McDonald Woods said:

Hi Rick,

• i7-7700k
  • 16GB DDR4
  • Z270 Gaming 8 mobo
  • GTX 1080ti
  • SM961 M.2 512GB SSD
  • SM961 M.2 1TB SSD
  • 650W PSU

I am still undecided whether I should get the second SSD or just a single 1TB SSD. Also haven't yet identified a suitable 28-32" 4K monitor.

HTH

The 7700k ist THE superior simming processor at the moment, imho. Stellar single core performance and overclock potential at reasonable pricing. Especially if one were to de-lid it. 

Regardings the SSDs, one for both, your Windows install and simulator, would probably be enough, unless you are using your PC in some kind of high-end multimedia production or gaming role. If you are just looking for storage, hard disks are still a lot more cost effective. 

1 hour ago, Richard McDonald Woods said:

Hi Rick,

• i7-7700k
  • 16GB DDR4
  • Z270 Gaming 8 mobo
  • GTX 1080ti
  • SM961 M.2 512GB SSD
  • SM961 M.2 1TB SSD
  • 650W PSU

HTH

What's the point of the two SSDs? Get one and save a chunk of cash and get a 2TB + regular spinner for bulk storage.

650W PSU to drive a 1080Ti isn't much, I'd be looking at least 750W and at least gold rated from a reputable brand. That goes bad and it'll take everything out. 

2 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

As long as you have external graphics, you're fine. Integrated graphics on the card will be awful. I tried it, just to see how bad it would be, before I put my cards in.

Thanks, Kyle.

I currently have an EVGA GTX970 4Gb but I have a feeling that it might not just cut the mustard were I to move from FSX-SE/P3Dv2/P3Dv 3 to v4, and my budget does not quite extend to a 1080, so maybe a 1070.

35 minutes ago, MorsAbAlto said:

one were to de-lid it

That prospect alone would suffice to give me a heart attack!!

But the i7-7700K sounds a tempter.