Sign in to follow this  
guenseli

IRIS Simulations still alive?

Thanks for the feedback guys, really good to see things still work in P3D v4.  Generally, most IRIS P3D products will work in v4 in some form as the code (for the most part) is written in XML.  Items using Doug Dawson's sound gauge may require a bit of fiddling to get working (a redownload of his new gauge and some panel.cfg tinkering should help).

For those at all interested, there's a really good article below on the project I'm working on.  My day-to-day is mainly using SimDirector a lot to develop lessons on the Cockpit Procedural Trainer and PLD, though it's great to see P3D being used in a training environment, something that's very new to me. Though sadly, it means no PC-21 updates from IRIS anytime soon.  😞 Conflict of interest and all that. 😉 

http://aviationphotodigest.com/raaf-the-next-generation/

DLB.

Edited by SpankyB76
  • Upvote 1

Hey, nice article and read, thanks

And speaking of the Pilatus, how does one go about purchasing?

I hopped on over to https://www.irissimulations.com.au/ols/ and there is mention of the Pilatus PC-9/A and PC-21 as being part of the Pro Training Series under the "MUST HAVE" heading, however when I hit the Pro Training Series link there is only two planes, neither of which are the Pilatus and I cannot see them anywhere else in the store.

Edit: I did look a little harder and found the Pilatus PC-24 SVJ listed under the Aviator Series, however although it is listed as an item it's not an option for purchase.

Cheers

Edited by Rogen
Addendum

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

@SpankyB76 Hi David, glad to here all is well. I love flying the PC-24 and pleased to find that it works perfectly well in P3D v4.4 

As this aircraft is now in production and we are starting to see several in operation (PlaneSense and RFDS as well as private operators) I enjoy recreating real flights in my sim. There is one thing lacking that I dearly miss, an VC clock to show sim local time. I’m guessing you will not have time for any enhancements so I wonder if you could please give a little guidence on how to add one say from a default GA plane. Cheers Anton.

Anton von Sierakowski (YBDG) Rig: ASUS Gryphon Z87 TUF Micro-ATX; i7 4770K 4.3GHz 16Gb RAM, RTX2060 6Gb, 1Tb SSD boot, 2Tb SSD MFS2020, 250Gb SSD Spare. 4Gb HDD. Saitek X55/rudders. GA and light Jet flyer.

Glad to read your okay David. I have been away from flight Sims for a bit and cannot get onto your site. Tried to get a new pw but the automated site doesn't respond with an email. I'll pm you. I love the BF Airlifter 

Edited by Tenpin

Is the PC-21 for Prepar3D still for sale? I can't find it anywhere. All the major stores are selling the FSX version only.

I’m wondering if the PC-24 is at all available for purchase. I cannot see it as an item for purchase on the website.

Regards,

Fred Fleuren

On 2/19/2019 at 3:08 AM, nard1o said:

Is the PC-21 for Prepar3D still for sale? I can't find it anywhere. All the major stores are selling the FSX version only.

I successfully installed the PC-21 in P3DV4.4 without issue. It still has some startup anomalies that it got from my initial install in P3DV1 but other than that it flies fine. 

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

It is on Simmarket but listed as a P3Dv2 product, not very reassuring. Bear in mind that we are getting closer to P3Dv5, and we now know there won't be any update of the PC24... Very sad indeed!

Don't know about the PC-24, however the PC-21 works fine in P3D v4, do need to update the sound gauge to the x64 Doug Dawson release (it's easy). The comments in the vid below have all the details on what and where to get.

Prepar3D v4.4 Landing @ Monterey Peninsula (KMRY) USA in the IRIS PC-21

I first saw if flown in P3D v4 by Mr Gibson of Gibson Sceneries fame, which intrigued me enough to get it working for P3D v4.

https://www.gibsonsceneries.com/

And they are available all over the place - excepting the Iris Simulations website, probably because of the actual military PC-21 work he performs being a conflict of interest as mentioned up further in this thread.

e.g. http://www.pcaviator.com.au/store/IRIS-Pro-Training-Series-Pilatus-PC-21-75th-Anniversary-Edition-FSX.html

Edited by Rogen

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

I have not tried the A-10 or PC 21. It's great to know that they work in P3D v4. They were some fine aircraft in FSX.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

8 hours ago, Rogen said:

Don't know about the PC-24, however the PC-21 works fine in P3D v4, do need to update the sound gauge to the x64 Doug Dawson release (it's easy). The comments in the vid below have all the details on what and where to get.

Prepar3D v4.4 Landing @ Monterey Peninsula (KMRY) USA in the IRIS PC-21

I first saw if flown in P3D v4 by Mr Gibson of Gibson Sceneries fame, which intrigued me enough to get it working for P3D v4.

https://www.gibsonsceneries.com/

And they are available all over the place - excepting the Iris Simulations website, probably because of the actual military PC-21 work he performs being a conflict of interest as mentioned up further in this thread.

e.g. http://www.pcaviator.com.au/store/IRIS-Pro-Training-Series-Pilatus-PC-21-75th-Anniversary-Edition-FSX.html

The PC-24 works on P3Dv4. Just use the v3 mode when installing (install it to p3d v4) and it works.

Hi,

Sorry to jump in onto this thread but I have a question regarding the IRIS Warthog Driver II -Gold Edition (v2.1)

I'm running it in P3D v4.5 & everything is working fine apart from not being able to get the cockpit lights to turn on (I have made sure the switches are enabled on the righthand side panel) All other lights are working fine. Does anyone have the same issue or any ideas on how to resolve it?

As others have mentioned, the IRIS Warthog is an amazing aircraft & I really do love flying it! (not at night though!)

Cheers,

Keith.