Sign in to follow this  
Senchai

I cannot update the latest version of the 747-400

Hello.

Let me tell what i did before this bug happened. Please read carefully to not interchange the 737/747 i will mention. It is a bit wiered, so thats why i ask to read carefully.

Last normal state of the operation center and the 747-400 was the rollback on 1. July and the time after it until i bought the 737-800 yesterday. NOTE: I have the new 747 installer already, wich was said is needed for future updates!
First time of the day yesterday when i opened the OC i saw the 737-800 is out. I didnt have a notification of the new 747 update dated 11. July at this time. I bought the 737 (already having the 747 as mentioned) but didnt install it yet.

Some hours later i again opened the OC and saw i got a notification of the new update for the 747. The first time i got this patchnotes

PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II - Build 3.00.8382 (Released 11JUL17)
==================================================================
- 0000000: [Installers] - Updated installer to better handle run prerequisites, repair and modification capability. (rsrandazzo)
- 0000000: [General] - Eliminated a potential CTD based on drive location and pathing data (abashkatov)
- 0000000: [General] - Optimization.

Note that it ends with the "Optimization". I installed this one and browsed around a bit in the livery folder. Then we had a power-shortage due to storm and while inside the OC all power went down for 4h. After getting it back i finally wanted to install the 737 and so i did. I was very surprised that this time i again got another notification of a 747 update, when i opened the OC to download liveries for the 737 i just installed. I checked the patchlog again and this time i found this one

PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II - Build 3.00.8382 (Released 11JUL17)
==================================================================
- 0000000: [Installers] - Updated installer to better handle run prerequisites, repair and modification capability. (rsrandazzo)
- 0000000: [General] - Eliminated a potential CTD based on drive location and pathing data (abashkatov)
- 0000000: [General] - Optimization.
- 0000000: [General] - Improvements to dynamic lighting.

Note that now its ends with dynamic lighting....not with optiizations. But still has same build number and date. Ok i thought, nice now we even have dyn lighting improvments maybe. I installed it but didnt fly it.

Now today i again opened the OC and very surprised i saw again a notice of a 747 update.... I installed it again just to see that after i reopen the OC, it reappears.

I start the OC in admin mode, did various restarts of the PC already too. I cannot seem to install the last patch.

The version remeains at ###.8377 and shows me the new ###.8382. Theres no error when starting the update. The download bar starts to appear and stops a sec later and says its finished.

What is the best thing to do now?

Thanks, Alex W.

BetaTeamB.png

You do know that you have to redownload the full installer for the 747 as of July 11 for the OC to be able to micro-uodate it right?

"NOTE: I have the new 747 installer already, wich was said is needed for future updates!"

Yes, i have.

BetaTeamB.png

Hi Alex,

actually there is no update via the OC at present.. the only way to "update" to the latest version (all 3 boeings) is to download the full installer from the PMDG store. THEN you have the latest version. Yes, you've written that, but I just repeat it for clearness.

And to quote Robert Randazzo, you will have to UNINSTAL the previous versions completely via the control panel.. have you done this?

(And please take note of the forum rules: you have to sign your posts with FULL name to receive support and to be allowed to post on the PMDG forums...)

Hi Alex,

There are reports of the OC reporting the wrong version number for the NGX in FSX-SE, so  maybe that is happening w/ the 747 too.

If you are sure you fully uninstalled the previous version of the 747 (and any other PMDG aircraft before updating) and then ran the latest installer, you should be OK.

You can  check how recent your version is by looking at the PMDG 747 gauge file in FSX\Gauges or similar location in P3D (you didn't say which sim you are using).  Look at the date it was modified -- if it's very recent it should be up-to-date.  The version number might also be in the aircraft.cfg file found in fsx\simobjects\airplanes The folder name is approximately  PMDG 747.   

Mike

• Upvote 1

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Ah yes, i forgot to tell version, sorry.

Im running on p3d v4, Win10 creators upgrade.

Ill check about the version you mentioned, @Mike777 Thanks. But just to make sure, what version you guys have?

EDIT: i checked that folder, the last modified file is 30.06.2017?? How can that be if i just recently reinstalled it. And when i look at the 737 files, it shows 10. of July, where i didnt even buy it. SO i think it doesnt show the last changed date for some reason, instead the file age or something?? I dont understand this....

ZVPGink.png?1

And yes, i deinstalled the "old" 747 and reinstalled it via that new installer wich is needed.

This is a screenshot of my OC and the 747 changelog i mean.

YyvA2Et.png

Alex W.

BetaTeamB.png

Ok... i think windoes changed something or im confused now, from using different kind of windows in different languages....

gwZbPLK.png?1

The "Änderungsdatum" you see ontop of the window, where one can sort, means date of last change. But it shows the file age. The "Erstelldatum" means date of creation and shows the date where the file was last changed/installed. I think this was opposite some years ago at least....

So whatever that means, the creationdate it shows for me is the 03.July.2017 and the lastchange date it shows its the 30.06.

BetaTeamB.png

Maybe someone who has the latest 747 version installed in  P3DV4 will chime in with the current gauge dates.  Also, Alex, you might be better off filing a ticket with PMDG. And please remember that PMDG wants you to sign your full name in its forums.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

The only way to verify current version is to look at the version number in either the OC or the windows control panel installed programs list.  The current QOTSII is 3.00.8382.  The date of the guages dll may or may not be the date of the update, for example if the update was for the installer only then the gauges wouldn't necessarily change.  In this case they are dated 7/10/17 (m/dd/yy).  If the installer for the latest version runs without error, and the OC does not reflect the current date then the problem might be a security issue with windows.  Be sure to run as admin.  Be sure your AV program has excluded your P3D folders.

• Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP

5 minutes ago, downscc said:

The only way to verify current version is to look at the version number in either the OC or the windows control panel installed programs list. 

I didn't think of the Control Panel programs list!  Looks like aircraft.cfg no longer has the version info.  I was thinking maybe there is a problem w/ the 747 version number showing in the OC as there is for the NGX.

Mike

• Upvote 1

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Sadly i have to say "yes" to all the tips :-( Of course im thankful anyway to you guys.

I run everything, p3d and all of my flightsim addons in admin mode by standard. I dont use other Antivir/firewall than Microsoft Defender. Every folder that has to do with flightsim is set to be excluded from realtime scanning. Every process too. Every folder that has to do with flightsim has full acces rights for the windows-user. I deinstalled the "old" 747 and reinstalled the "new" installer.

See screens again

JKWht07.png

0nrwtB5.png

And here is a video that shows the "bug"

https://photos.app.goo.gl/bsUwNo1jLoYLfLiK2

I just checked in the installed programms list from windows, there it also shows the old .8377 instead .8382 so its really not installed.

I delete the 747 now again and try again...

Alex Wolff

BetaTeamB.png

Alex,

I would download again from the store/account where you bought the 747 from just to make sure you have the latest package.

Regards
Mark

• Upvote 1

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

Yes, i did now. And the latest installer is that .8382 already, so its ok now.

Thanks for everyone who gave input. Case closed (for now, i didnt check anything yet but version number in OC)

Alex Wolff

BetaTeamB.png

Glad you got it sorted Alex.

Have fun.

Mark

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!