Sign in to follow this  
Airbus A340 Pilot

PMDG 737 Classic

Hi PMDG,

I only wanted to ask if there is any possibility to have a 737 Classic family from PMDG. I know, QW is working on the Classics but they stopped developing until release of the 787 and they will take another bunch of years to get the 737 out. i know, it´s not produced anymore but the classics were the first with new generation engines and not the old ones and they´ve been the "catalysator" for the known NG series of the 737. 

So of course, I know, PMDG doesn´t say, we will do it when reading this post. But maybe you could tell me, if you say, it´s possible, or no, we definitely won´t develop the Classic series, because it´s not built anymore and outdated. That would be very much appreciated;)

• Upvote 1

Daniel Reber

9 hours ago, Airbus A340 Pilot said:

Hi PMDG,

I only wanted to ask if there is any possibility to have a 737 Classic family from PMDG. I know, QW is working on the Classics but they stopped developing until release of the 787 and they will take another bunch of years to get the 737 out. i know, it´s not produced anymore but the classics were the first with new generation engines and not the old ones and they´ve been the "catalysator" for the known NG series of the 737. 

So of course, I know, PMDG doesn´t say, we will do it when reading this post. But maybe you could tell me, if you say, it´s possible, or no, we definitely won´t develop the Classic series, because it´s not built anymore and outdated. That would be very much appreciated;)

PNDG don't normally respond to these kind of requests

A PMDG 737-300, 400 & 500 would be sweat!

• Upvote 2

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

Would be an instant buy for me. Personally I am more charmed with the 737 Classic (300/400/500) than with the NG / MAX. There is something about the "intermediate" (between steam gauges and full display gauges) aircraft like the 737CL, 757, 767, A300-600, A310, etc I really love. It automizes enough to make for relatively easy flying and keeps you busy enough not to get bored during the flight.

Would absolutely love to see this in PMDG quality.

Note on QW: I am sure that if they continue development (after the 787 is released) their 737CL will be an absolute great addon. Just wish they'd be a bit more clear on their intentions and planning with that aircraft. Feels to be a bit in indefinite limbo....

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

7 hours ago, PMDG777 said:

PNDG don't normally respond to these kind of requests

Did you mean PMDG?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

"I only wanted to ask if there is any possibility to have a 737 Classic family from PMDG."

That would be great if they did the 737 Classic.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

8 minutes ago, vonmar said:

Did you mean PMDG?

Oops typed that on my phone at 7am!

1 hour ago, fwerff said:

Note on QW: I am sure that if they continue development (after the 787 is released) their 737CL will be an absolute great addon. Just wish they'd be a bit more clear on their intentions and planning with that aircraft. Feels to be a bit in indefinite limbo....

One thing you have to take into consideration is that the 737 was never originally a QualityWings project in the first place. That project had been started by Enigma Simulations and was eventually taken over by QualityWings along with their development team. At the time, both the 787 and the 737 were to be developed side by side by their respective teams. Since then, things took place that the development team got smaller (don't ask me what it is, as I don't know, and they didn't care to elaborate), and they no longer had the resources to be able to continue working on both projects at the same time. When you take that into consideration and the fact that they aren't even doing this full-time, you can see why it's taken them so long to get anything done.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

You can forget about this, it's not going to happen. I belive new projects will be about 737 max, 787, 777X etc

An eventual PMDG 737v3 would most likely be MAX and maybe NG with split scimitar winglets

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

22 hours ago, fwerff said:

Would be an instant buy for me. Personally I am more charmed with the 737 Classic (300/400/500) than with the NG / MAX. There is something about the "intermediate" (between steam gauges and full display gauges) aircraft like the 737CL, 757, 767, A300-600, A310, etc I really love. It automizes enough to make for relatively easy flying and keeps you busy enough not to get bored during the flight.

Would absolutely love to see this in PMDG quality.

Sure, it´ll be a great product and I hate QW for stopping the 737 development until 787 is released, but I think, the Classics should really get "remembered" in an addon with PMDG quality. I´m sure, every 737 product will sell very very good. Especially the classics. Remember all those people, born in a time when the classics were modern. Everybody of the aviation enthusiasts in this time would but the classics.

Daniel Reber

I sincerely hope, that QualityWings will keep their projection/promise and launch their 787 this summer and that the Prepar3D V4 version will follow shortly after - but given that it's taken them SO long, I fear that a Prepar3D V4 version will take them 1-2 years... 

I agree, a PMDG 737CL would indeed be nice... Although, I more hope for a modern jet. I just don't really know what they would develop, to be honest... a 787 would be nice... other alternative are simply too new, that task of obtaining the necessary data would be impossible.

We'll see... 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

I really love to see the differences between people. I have to say, I love the 737CL cockpit so much more than the one of the NGs. 

Hopefully, QW 787 version for P3D won´t take them so long. And yeah, hopefully the 787 will come out this summer. They have to rush so that they won´t take theirselves so much time for the 737 as for the 787.

Daniel Reber

Next to P3D V4 with the full PMDG fleet I also have X-plane installed. IXEG released their 737 Classic last week.
An absolute beauty with great flight model which runs very smooth in X-plane 11. Still in love with PMDG but I am splitting my time between to two sims.
Flying both sims with Oculus Rift. It feels like owning your own 737!

Jeroen de Bruijn 

Fully agree the Ixeg 737 is a cracking simulation of what it feels like to operate and fly a transport catagory jet. 

Highly recommended and if your running the Pmdg NG then its a very similar standard minus a few of the failures but with xplanes better aero model so its a win win.

Darren Howie