Sign in to follow this  
Airbus A340 Pilot

PMDG 737 Classic

45 minutes ago, DEHowie said:

Fully agree the Ixeg 737 is a cracking simulation of what it feels like to operate and fly a transport catagory jet. 

Highly recommended and if your running the Pmdg NG then its a very similar standard minus a few of the failures but with xplanes better aero model so its a win win.

I only have Xplane10 ... but if Ixeg 737 finishes their aircraft and has active tech support / service packs / software fixes it might be enough for me to purchase Xplane11 and ixeg's 737.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Not to turn this thread into (yet another) Prepar3D vs X-Plane debate (we've had enough of that!), but I found a quite interesting post from Virtuali at their forums. his question which brought this answer, was regarding if FSDreamTeam, would consider developing for X-Plane.

The thread can be found here
I'm just bringing the quote from Virtuali below:

We don't have anything against X-Plane as such. But the problem is: it has been years they promised a better SDK, for example by supplying an official exporter for 3DS Max. This was announced when X-Plane 11 was in Beta to be released after the final release. This, alone would be a mistake, because you should release the SDK *BEFORE* the product gets released to the public. We had the P3DV4 SDK in our hands about 6 months before the product was even announced...that's how you do it.

Right now, the only option to export from 3DS Max to X-Plane 11, it's just an unofficial plugin made by some users, with 2 pages of docs. The rest of the SDK documentation is scattered through a number of unofficial websites, blogs posts and forum posts. 

Now, compare this, with the almost 4000 pages of the P3D SDK, all in the same place, always updated for each minor build, and professionally supported.

Be sure that, if X-Plane devs will come out with a proper SDK, starting with an exporter for 3DS Max made AND supported by the X-Plane devs, we'll surely have a serious look at it. And with "supported", I mean with a full documentation, an official developers forum not accessible to the public, were we could post questions, reports bugs, and get real feedback about it.

I don't have sufficient insight into the developmental challenges of this, to know whether or not the above is true... but it could explain why so many developers decide to stay clear of X-Plane. 

Also, I'm given to understand, that given X-Plane's way of distribute addons, makes it difficult to apply DRM or any kind of piracy protections. But again, I don't know if that's true either... some developers have managed to do it... 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Maybe PMDG will do 737 Classic for Xplane11 someday.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW