Sign in to follow this  
Harry Sermbezis

Operation Centre Crashes when i press 'livery downloader'

32 minutes ago, Harry Sermbezis said:

Whenever I press the 'Liver downloader' on the operation centre I get this error :

https://gyazo.com/17065e2767c2f1438dbb19960a710576 <- paste that into google and it will show the error.

Welcome to the forum. Please note that it is a requirement to place your name in your posts - first and last.

Looking at the screenshot, I noticed that the path to your OC is on your desktop. This means that it was manually moved there. Why is this?

Kyle Rodgers

50 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Welcome to the forum. Please note that it is a requirement to place your name in your posts - first and last.

Looking at the screenshot, I noticed that the path to your OC is on your desktop. This means that it was manually moved there. Why is this?

No reason for that, but it still has the same error when it's in Program Files or the default installation path. 

Harry Sermbezis

6 minutes ago, Harry Sermbezis said:

No reason for that, but it still has the same error when it's in Program Files or the default installation path. 

Looks like something may be interfering with its operation. If you're using an anti-virus program, make sure to tell it to ignore the Operations Center. How this is done depends on the AV software, so you will have to look up how to add an exclusion for yours.

Additionally, it's best to leave things where the are installed. Don't move them around manually.

Kyle Rodgers

6 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Looks like something may be interfering with its operation. If you're using an anti-virus program, make sure to tell it to ignore the Operations Center. How this is done depends on the AV software, so you will have to look up how to add an exclusion for yours.

Additionally, it's best to leave things where the are installed. Don't move them around manually.

Ok, I have now got my anti-virus software to ignore the operations center and I run as administrator and I've also made sure im up to date with the operations center but I still get the exact same error

Harry Sermbezis

Ok, I have now got my anti-virus software to ignore the operations center and I run as administrator and I've also made sure im up to date with the operations center but I still get the exact same error

Delete everything in the OC's folder, except the updater, and then run the updater. My bet is that your AV program got in the way of one of the product module downloads, corrupted it, and it's not getting properly overwritten on the update...something weird is going on, and it's not an OC thing in general, else it would be all over the forum (especially with the NGX having just gotten into P3Dv4).

Kyle Rodgers

Ok I've managed to fix it, and it was my anti-virus software. Not entirely sure what it was doing but it's now working so happy days...

Thanks for your cooperation,

Harry Sermebzis

Ok I've managed to fix it, and it was my anti-virus software. Not entirely sure what it was doing but it's now working so happy days...

Gotta love how anti-virus programs are slowly becoming what they were originally put out there to prevent...

Glad you got it fixed though!

Kyle Rodgers

I hate it when these anti virus software even the MS defender assumes and just does its thing... with a smug attitude(a message.. we took care of you. We deleted the file,..you go about your business... ) and then I have no clue what it did , so I can put that on exception. It should have said, we have done this..but if you want to exempt it, click here. Thats all that was required.. but noooooooooooooooo. they would not do that.

So I do not use any anti virus program on my simming PC. but I do multiple complete disk backups with Acronis instead.

LOL :)

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter