Sign in to follow this  
vbazillio

Fuel flow and RadioDME inop cause 32 bits DLL in P3Dv4

All,

For P3Dv4 users, I have again asked Alabeo if they can recompile the 32-bit DLL for the Cutlass and other addons (such as the Waco biplane).

The reason for asking again is seeing that the Carenado side did it for the equally old Commander 114, which is a default airplane in P3Dv4.5. In the Gauges folder of the simulator, there is a "RadioC114x64.dll" which means that they recompiled it, and it's apparent in the sim that these extremely similar gauges work for the Commander just fine.

I tried replacing the broken Cutlass gauges with the Commanders, but there is some lighting and gauge fit errors due to the different modeling, so I asked Alabeo again for a justification as to why they can't do this when Carenado can. (Nearly the same gauges, for an addon of the same/similar age).

good luck with that @STK, I emailed them and their response was they will update at some point, the fact that they have been saying this for a number of years, and even at one point said they would not be updating the plane, I don't think you will get much any time soon.

I have asked them to ask their distributors to remove the text that says it is p3dv4 compatible. Their response was 'we will pass this on the the powers above'

Regards

Brian

🛩️ Brian Houghton

System: P3D V5.3 HF2, Intel i7-9700K o/c to 4.5Ghz, Nvidia RTX 3080 TI, Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 SSD, 2x1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, MSI Z390 M/B, 32Gb G.Skill DDR4 2133 Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit 21H2,Samsung UHD 43" LED TV, Benq 27" HD monitor.

2nd PC: Networked for atc, charts, and streaming. Intel i7 4790k 4 Ghz, Nvidia GTX 2070 Super, Samsung 970 Evo, 2x sata drives, MSI Z970 M/B, 32Gb G.skills DDR3 Ram, Win 10 Pro 21H2, 2x Benq 27" Monitors

It's still the same after numerous emails to them , all I get is the same automated reply saying it will be updated at some point .....do they even bother to read the emails or are they just concerned in making new Aircraft leaving the old ones with bugs....not very good customer service if you ask me, take your money and run kind of company.

Edited by keenrw

ugcx_banner.png

On 12/8/2018 at 2:39 PM, STK said:

Alabeo has definitively stated via a support email to be that they will not be fixing the Cutlass:

Support (Alabeo) 

Dec 7, 18:38 -03 

Greetings,

The technology that C172RG Cutlass has (10 years ago) is not compatible with new technologies that P3Dv4 uses, that is the reason why we can not update it.

Regards,

Alabeo.

It dosnt work in FSX as well unless you add a DLL file which is missing from the installer 

ugcx_banner.png