Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

For JComm LPMN as promised....in Portugal.

Here you go...took off, and did some landscape shots below the wing. Tell me if you recognize any views. That would be fun.

BTW, is that a castle ruin, on top of that hill mount, near that town?  It sure looks like it to me.

I found it...and it IS a castle, or manor house!  Here is a real-life pic folks of  the mount. Cool that Ortho4XP caught it! :)))))

Just edited with the proper link, as suggested by JComm:

https://www.google.ca/search?q=Montemor-o-Novo+castle&rls=com.microsoft:en-US:{referrer:source?}&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjAj_GknIfVAhUj34MKHXT9AVsQsAQINg&biw=2293&bih=873&safe=vss

So, this is where you live?  Very nice...very... Amendoeira, Portugal!

One more question...with the topography that I see here, Jcomm...what is the source of power generation, for your home?  Coal, hydro, nuclear? Very rural. :)

On screen shot 6, I have those fruit trees you see blooming in the above Google shots....what type of low height trees are those?  What fruit do they bear?

zl17/19/2

Cheers,

Mitch

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

panthera_1.png

panthera_10.png

panthera_11.png

panthera_12.png

panthera_13.png

panthera_14.png

panthera_15.png

panthera_2.png

panthera_3.png

panthera_4.png

panthera_5.png

panthera_6.png

panthera_7.png

panthera_8.png

panthera_9.png

• Upvote 2

Here's more, with a close-up of that famous golf-course nestled within your home turf...... :)  Hope you enjoy...

To open to full size, left-click once on the picture, and then at the middle size, left-click once more on the picture. For the above above sets as well. Then, full detail, full size... :) All my screenshots, no matter where they are snapped, will have this up-size left-click feature  small,middle, and full monitor. 

Cheers,

Mitch

------------------------------------------------------------

panthera_16.png

panthera_17.png

panthera_18.png

panthera_19.png

panthera_20.png

panthera_21.png

panthera_22.png

• Upvote 1

Thx a LOT Mitch!

Well, I wish the hangar looked that good, and the rw too :-)

The castle is Montemor-o-Novo castle, and Amendoeiras in your photos are from the Southern part of Portugal - Algarve... not the same place :-)

Anyway, here's the true Amendoeira, me the guy with the ( same as always... ) hat...

P1190923B.jpg

The club and airfield info: http://www.centrovoolivre.com/index.php?mact=News,cntnt01,detail,0&cntnt01articleid=18&cntnt01returnid=64

But the Ortho4xp looks simply Great!

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

7 minutes ago, jcomm said:

Thx a LOT Mitch!

The castle is Montemor-o-Novo castle, and Amendoeiras in your photos are from the Southern part of Portugal - Algarve... not the same place :-)

Anyway, here's the true Amendoeira, me the guy with the ( same as always... ) hat...

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AuoxscJa9OyCi2CIMi75I2yxWedN

The club and airfield info: http://www.centrovoolivre.com/index.php?mact=News,cntnt01,detail,0&cntnt01articleid=18&cntnt01returnid=64

So this is the right Castle? :)  Got it...thanks. I saw the round towers in my ortho...and now this makes sense...I see them in real life! Cool!

https://www.google.ca/search?q=Montemor-o-Novo+castle&rls=com.microsoft:en-US:{referrer:source?}&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjAj_GknIfVAhUj34MKHXT9AVsQsAQINg&biw=2293&bih=873&safe=vss

I've generated some flight plans between major and minor airports and airfields in Portugal...and look forward over the many next weeks, to be a flight-tourist!   I got the whole country generated, so many thousands of square km's to discover! :)

Cheers,

Mitch

Yep! That's the one.

But I do not live there - some 80 km away.... All Alentejo Region of Potugal is Beautiful!!! and great for Soaring!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

2 minutes ago, jcomm said:

Yep! That's the one.

But I do not live there - some 80 km away.... All Alentejo Region of Potugal is Beautiful!!! and great for Soaring!

"Ah...I was going to ask if you played that golf course! :)"

The town looks gorgeous, and I see that those trees are nut-bearing...so that must be a major industry. BTW, as I asked, what fuel source generates your electricity in your part of Portugal? Just curious...

Mitch

12 minutes ago, jcomm said:

Yep! That's the one.

I'll then have to try that, here. I have never soared within XP.  I guess, the old-dog-new-tricks, thing is gonna happen...over Portugal! :)

Sound's like fun!

BTW, I downloaded LPMN from the Gateway, as the suggested download. I might try then, the other two 2D's and see how they look. :)

You are most welcome, happy to have done this for ya! :)

27 minutes ago, jcomm said:

Thx a LOT Mitch!

P1190923B.jpg

BTW, I look at you there...and do really realize, we all are common, we are all connected, and any place we lay our hat, is the most beautiful place for the Soul...no matter what continent, that hat rests upon...

Cheers, my friend, and many safe and happy, further soarings!

Mitch

Really!  LPMN is already at the gateway ?  I did find another airfield I used to fly from recently ( not anymore ) which is LPSO - Ponte de Sôr. It's in the latest version of XP11 ( Steam version ) I had installed.

That's great, and can help for those getting acquainted to LPMN for their first x-country incursions through Alentejo, or North to Central Portugal. A friend has made Bragança - Évora in glider some years ago... !

Again, thx for the excellent photos!  I was about to ask where you did get the airfield from in XP11 - i'll try to find out how to push it from the "gateway".

Unfortunately soaring has been very badly treated here in Portugal. Évora (LPEV) was somehow lost for soring, Covilhã ( LPCV ) closed ( the best play for mountain soaring in Portugal...

We are practically limited to LPMN and LPMU ( Mogadouro ) these days. Fortunately the community is made up of great guys, some of us also simmers :-)

I started in 1980, at St. Cruz ( LPSC )

Please let me know if you ever plan to stop by !

Main Simulation Rig:

6 minutes ago, jcomm said:

Really!  LPMN is already at the gateway ?  I did find another airfield I used to fly from recently ( not anymore ) which is LPSO - Ponte de Sôr. It's in the latest version of XP11 ( Steam version ) I had installed.

That's great, and can help for those getting acquainted to LPMN for their first x-country incursions through Alentejo, or North to Central Portugal. A friend has made Bragança - Évora in glider some years ago... !

Again, thx for the excellent photos!  I was about to ask where you did get the airfield from in XP11 - i'll try to find out how to push it from the "gateway".

There are actually, three choices, two are 2D, and the suggested (green checkmark) is 3D, which you see in my grabs.  Not much to it, though...one hangar, a fuel depot, and lots of sunshine, LOL!

1 minute ago, Sesquashtoo said:

There are actually, three choices, two are 2D, and the suggested (green checkmark) is 3D, which you see in my grabs.  Not much to it, though...one hangar, a fuel depot, and lots of sunshine, LOL!

That's pretty much what's there, although we have new building, with classrooms :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

1 hour ago, jcomm said:

Unfortunately soaring has been very badly treated here in Portugal. Évora (LPEV) was somehow lost for soring, Covilhã ( LPCV ) closed ( the best play for mountain soaring in Portugal...

We are practically limited to LPMN and LPMU ( Mogadouro ) these days. Fortunately the community is made up of great guys, some of us also simmers :-)

I started in 1980, at St. Cruz ( LPSC )

Will do! :)

Short flight from LPMN, with wife :-)

Takeoff:

takeoff.jpg

over Montemor-o-Novo...

montemora1c15.jpg

approach...

approach.jpg

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

3 hours ago, jcomm said:

Short flight from LPMN, with wife :-)

Takeoff:

takeoff.jpg

over Montemor-o-Novo...

montemora1c15.jpg

approach...

approach.jpg

How do you predict that you will catch an updraft?...and...your RW shot looks EXACTLY like my ortho...amazing how accurate a depiction it is. WOW!

Looks like you two are having fun!