Sign in to follow this  
Sethos

V4 Compatibility Update from REX

Most of their newer products were supposed to have been released by now with V4 compatibility but it looks like it has been pushed back (again). Texture Direct + Soft Clouds was just given another month. Though Soft Clouds alone should be next week.

https://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/topic/45098-prepar3d-v4-–-rex-products-status-update/&do=findComment&comment=290475

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

It appears that Skyforce went to SimAir itself.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Nice!

Would like TD update, but Soft Clouds is good enough for me right now. Then all my must-have addons will be back in my sim.

And after looking at that list, I'm glad I own TD and SC individually, not the combo.

I've given up even checking their site anymore about Sky Force or the other one they have in development. 

• Upvote 1

Eric 

What means that from REX anouncement: ' Having to re-write core data functions to handle SQLCE'?

https://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/topic/45098-prepar3d-v4-–-rex-products-status-update/&page=3#comment-290475

I thought that they just had to adjust the paths for V4 in the installers and that the data / textures are the same as for V3.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

25 minutes ago, B777ER said:

I've given up even checking their site anymore about Sky Force or the other one they have in development. 

I think I submitted my email for the Saitek Contest on the SimAir website 5, maybe 6, years ago.

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, CrownCityMisfits said:

I think I submitted my email for the Saitek Contest on the SimAir website 5, maybe 6, years ago.

:laugh:

• Upvote 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Oh well between Rex and Orbx Airports there sure is a long wait.

From EGFF to YSSY

2 hours ago, Cargostorm said:

What means that from REX anouncement: ' Having to re-write core data functions to handle SQLCE'?

I think they use a compact SQL database from Microsoft to do their data management. So they will have to modify the code which handles the data operations to sql...

5 hours ago, Sethos1988 said:

Most of their newer products were supposed to have been released by now with V4 compatibility but it looks like it has been pushed back (again). Texture Direct + Soft Clouds was just given another month. Though Soft Clouds alone should be next week.

https://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/topic/45098-prepar3d-v4-–-rex-products-status-update/&do=findComment&comment=290475

This is why we don't like to give release dates.  Some of the dates were pushed back because as we dug deeper into the code and we saw we needed to make some key changes to TD and TDSC.  

Remember, many of these products are 7 to 15gigs in size which includes a massive amount of textures that each had to be individually tested in the platform.  

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

5 hours ago, Drumcode said:

It appears that Skyforce went to SimAir itself.

Funny! But Sky Force and SimAir are very much alive.  All will be revealed soon.

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

3 hours ago, Cargostorm said:

https://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/topic/45098-prepar3d-v4-–-rex-products-status-update/&page=3#comment-290475

I thought that they just had to adjust the paths for V4 in the installers and that the data / textures are the same as for V3.

Not as simple.  We also had to test every individual texture from each product.  We are looking between all REX products about 70 to 100 gigs.  As you can see REX Worldwide Airports though works with P3Dv4, needs all textures redone for P3Dv4.  This will take some time.

• Upvote 1

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

3 hours ago, CrownCityMisfits said:

Yes SIMAIR has been around for awhile.  We actually had it ready for release at one point in 2011/2012, but we shelved the code and have been working on a totally newer version. SIMAIR is not even close to what other competitors have released.  It is much greater than that.  I would really call it a simulation within a simulation.  Thus, that is why it is taking much longer.  

• Upvote 1

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

55 minutes ago, rstough said:

Funny! But Sky Force and SimAir are very much alive.  All will be revealed soon.

Prove it! :)

Listen, I'm not knocking you guys or anything. I absolutely love the concept of SimAir and I really hope it works out, but it's been so long that the impatience turns into other things especially since you guys openly talk about it. I'll be first in line to buy it anyway. Waited this long, I'll wait longer.

Jacek G.

41 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

Prove it! :)

Listen, I'm not knocking you guys or anything. I absolutely love the concept of SimAir and I really hope it works out, but it's been so long that the impatience turns into other things especially since you guys openly talk about it. I'll be first in line to buy it anyway. Waited this long, I'll wait longer.

Sky Force we will be able to show very soon.  SIMAIR will be a little while longer.

• Upvote 4

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com