Sign in to follow this  
Sethos

V4 Compatibility Update from REX

17 hours ago, rstough said:

Yes SIMAIR has been around for awhile.  We actually had it ready for release at one point in 2011/2012, but we shelved the code and have been working on a totally newer version. SIMAIR is not even close to what other competitors have released.  It is much greater than that.  I would really call it a simulation within a simulation.  Thus, that is why it is taking much longer.  

All good. Sure it will be worth the wait. I used FSEconomy for long time, then Air Hauler 1, and now Air Hauler 2 for P3Dv4. I would however love to see REX's take on this type of app. Kind of like an MMORPG for flight simmers. Not sure if that's what you are going for, but it may be an decent comparison. And since I know you are listening, I will tell you the one single thing I LOVED about FSEconomy that is missing in AirHauler2 - persistent aircraft that live in the world that can be bought/sold/traded and passed between members of the community. All of my planes are persistent in MY AH2 world, but those planes don't exist in everyone else's world. Lacks connection. AH2 is VERY good though, and I assume someone on your team has eyeballs on it.

Anyway, good luck with development. I will be first in line for SimAir when it releases.

While we're at it, when will REX World Wide Airports be updated? Looking forward to that in v4

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

1 hour ago, aekaragi said:

Just careful: this hotfix is for the standalone version of Soft Clouds, not for the REX4 TD + Soft Clouds, this will be released later. Correct me, if I am wrong. I guess it would be possible to somehow use the hotfix files for the combi-product, but I do not know how...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

6 hours ago, AnkH said:

Just careful: this hotfix is for the standalone version of Soft Clouds, not for the REX4 TD + Soft Clouds, this will be released later. Correct me, if I am wrong. I guess it would be possible to somehow use the hotfix files for the combi-product, but I do not know how...

Good Question, as I have REX4 TD + Soft Clouds.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

They've said it would be ready this week and delivered.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 0:37 AM, SKEWR said:

While we're at it, when will REX World Wide Airports be updated? Looking forward to that in v4

REX Worldwide Airports is going to take a little longer the other products.  The reason is because of either changes with how P3D4 handles lighting or it is broken and needs to be fixed.  We were kind of hoping the later, but either way we can't wait for LM.  So we are going to have to redo all textures for just P3Dv4 and manually test each one until it is right.  This is tedious work and just can't be done overnight.  So this will take longer.

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

5 hours ago, rstough said:

REX Worldwide Airports is going to take a little longer the other products.  The reason is because of either changes with how P3D4 handles lighting or it is broken and needs to be fixed.  We were kind of hoping the later, but either way we can't wait for LM.  So we are going to have to redo all textures for just P3Dv4 and manually test each one until it is right.  This is tedious work and just can't be done overnight.  So this will take longer.

Thank you for the reply. I appreciate it. I know why companies are so closed mouthed about somethings, but it's always refreshing to hear a real answer.

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma