Sign in to follow this  
Bjoern

Lionheart Creations Summer Sale

Most of his aircraft are available for $10.

http://www.lionheartcreations.com/summer_sale

Would buy one or two, but can't decide which ones. My priorities are frame rate friendliness, convincing flight dynamics and sounds for the cockpit switches. Any opinions?

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

I remember getting the Epic Victory when it was first released.  An awesome aircraft!

• Upvote 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

From all the reviews and user posts I could dig up, I'm indeed leaning towards the Kodiak at the moment. Would throw the Aerospool Dynamic into the mix because it's the closest to the Viper SD4 I've flown in this spring.

No GTN750 here though.

Anyway, thanks for the input!

Just remember that these planes are not certified to work completely in P3DV4

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

14 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

Just remember that these planes are not certified to work completely in P3DV4

Isn't it just Doug's XML sound module that needs updating?

2 minutes ago, Bjoern said:

Isn't it just Doug's XML sound module that needs updating?

These will not work properly in Prepar3D V4 as they do not have their 
'sound system' updated yet.  They work excellent in, and are designed 
for FSX, FSX Steam Edition, Prepar3D V1, V2, and V3.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

8 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

Yep, "sound system" means XML Sound. Not sure which flavor of the gauge Lionheart uses (with or without .ini file), but the 64 bit version of the gauge is available here: http://fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/doug-dawson-oustanding-sound-dll.440153/#post-775308

Worth a test. Renaming the old one and naming the 64 bit one like the old one should do the trick. I know this worked for other planes using that gauge.

Or just drop a line to lionheart over on Fsdeveloper and ask. I get the impression he would probably answer promptly.

Devons rig

On 14/7/2017 at 0:00 AM, Bjoern said:

Would throw the Aerospool Dynamic into the mix

This is the only LHC aircraft I own, because theoretically I would like it. But when flying this, it does not "click" for me. It is not bad, but personally I would rank it in the lower third of the GA aircraft I own. But for the current sale price I'd say, just try it yourself :)

16 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

Or just drop a line to lionheart over on Fsdeveloper and ask. I get the impression he would probably answer promptly.

I don't own P3Dv4, so there's no need.

4 hours ago, ThomasAH said:

This is the only LHC aircraft I own, because theoretically I would like it. But when flying this, it does not "click" for me. It is not bad, but personally I would rank it in the lower third of the GA aircraft I own. But for the current sale price I'd say, just try it yourself :)

Any specific reason?

52 minutes ago, Bjoern said:

Any specific reason?

I think it was the flight characteristics/dynamics, but I don't really remember.

My log says I installed it in 2014 and uninstalled it in May 2016 in a general cleanup.

Maybe I should try it again :)

If you want to try it, here are some PDFs for you:

Official flight manual: https://www.aerospool.sk/downloads/bulletins/LSA/service_bulletins/MBWT9LSA_1A_2011_EN.pdf

An article about the real aircraft: http://www.bmaa.org/files/dynamic.pdf

6 minutes ago, ThomasAH said:

I think it was the flight characteristics/dynamics, but I don't really remember.

My log says I installed it in 2014 and uninstalled it in May 2016 in a general cleanup.

Maybe I should try it again :)

If you want to try it, here are some PDFs for you:

Official flight manual: https://www.aerospool.sk/downloads/bulletins/LSA/service_bulletins/MBWT9LSA_1A_2011_EN.pdf

An article about the real aircraft: http://www.bmaa.org/files/dynamic.pdf

I know that flight dynamics aren't Bill's forté, but from what I've read in a comment of a review from someone with experience on the real aircraft is that the FDE is fairly close.

My bigger fear, however, is that winglet, fixed and retractable gear versions fly all the same.

10 minutes ago, Bjoern said:

My bigger fear, however, is that winglet, fixed and retractable gear versions fly all the same.

I'm sure the winglet version will fly the same, because I don't think you can alter the FDE during a flight, but you can add/remove the winglets at any time.

The FG and RG versions are separate aircraft directories though, so they at least have a chance to be different.

2 minutes ago, ThomasAH said:

I'm sure the winglet version will fly the same, because I don't think you can alter the FDE during a flight, but you can add/remove the winglets at any time.

The FG and RG versions are separate aircraft directories though, so they at least have a chance to be different.

Well, I've just bought the WT9, so let's see.