Sign in to follow this  
Bjoern

Lionheart Creations Summer Sale

43 minutes ago, Bjoern said:

Well, I've just bought the WT9, so let's see.

Congratulations! Maybe we will see another of your great mods? :)

One fix you should apply (and if you make a mod: include it) to the fixed gear version is:

6 hours ago, ThomasAH said:

Congratulations! Maybe we will see another of your great mods? :)

One fix you should apply (and if you make a mod: include it) to the fixed gear version is:

Don't count on it.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

IIRC, not flown the RG version for some time, I'm sure it attains a higher top speed..

Yes the gear coming up sound on the FG model is there... and the plane will crash on landing without putting the undercarriage down again :)

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

I've checked the aircraft.cfg of the fixed gear version and the contact point section looks as it is supposed to, i.e. no indication of a retractable gear.

A quick test flight left a favorable impression, except for the constant popping in the interior engine sound files. How something obvious like this could get past quality control both at Lionheart and the EV-97 Project (where the sound pack originates from) is beyond me.

VAS usage is also peculiarly high.

The Kodiak will require some work though. No switch sounds and that awful power surge at startup...

26 minutes ago, Bjoern said:

I've checked the aircraft.cfg of the fixed gear version and the contact point section looks as it is supposed to, i.e. no indication of a retractable gear.

A quick test flight left a favorable impression, except for the constant popping in the interior engine sound files. How something obvious like this could get past quality control both at Lionheart and the EV-97 Project (where the sound pack originates from) is beyond me.

I just installed it again to try it. I have 1.03 from pcaviator, which seems slightly different from your versions if the contact points look correctly.

Ah, yes, the engine sounds ... that's is the main problem.

Other things:

- The light switches are broken: NAV turns on landing lights and strobe, the switches LANDING and STROBE seem to do nothing.

- The fuel switch defaults to the left position and it is really hard to move it to all or right. And the engine immediately stalls when switching.

- The Fuel and Payload menu shows an empty weigth of 566kg, according to the included manual it should be 260kg, according to the real-world manual the version with retractable gear should be 270kg. Seems to be a problem of kg vs. lbs.

But yes, it seems to fly ok, here my memory was wrong. A little bit like on rails, but this might be in the real aircraft, too, due to the small weight and I think relatively powerful engine.

The real aircraft is used as a glider tug, so that would probably be a reason why it's flies a little "on rails"

Despite the fuel switch defaulting to left it appears to use fuel from both tank according to the gauges.

Mark Robinson

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

42 minutes ago, ThomasAH said:

I just installed it again to try it. I have 1.03 from pcaviator, which seems slightly different from your versions if the contact points look correctly.

Ah, yes, the engine sounds ... that's is the main problem.

Other things:

- The light switches are broken: NAV turns on landing lights and strobe, the switches LANDING and STROBE seem to do nothing.

- The fuel switch defaults to the left position and it is really hard to move it to all or right. And the engine immediately stalls when switching.

- The Fuel and Payload menu shows an empty weigth of 566kg, according to the included manual it should be 260kg, according to the real-world manual the version with retractable gear should be 270kg. Seems to be a problem of kg vs. lbs.

But yes, it seems to fly ok, here my memory was wrong. A little bit like on rails, but this might be in the real aircraft, too, due to the small weight and I think relatively powerful engine.

Noted, but there's only so much I can do.

The "on rails" feeling seems to be intentional. Remember, you're dealing with a LSA/UL here and these are designed to be as safe and easy to fly as possible. My only UL flight so far was in a Viper SD4 and I didn't even need rudder input to do basic turns.

During my test flight of the WT9, I tried to loop it for fun. It stalled out near the apex, started to spin, but immediately stabilized itself. Pretty neat.

Some more tiny things (just for completeness):

The knob to adjust the altimeter has a wrong tooltip ("Fuel crossfeed switch"), and when I switch the altimeter to feet (instead of metric) the Kollsmann window shows inHg instead of hPa. But the EFIS can display hPa, and other aircraft don't show hPa either, so no problem for me.

The tooltips of the green gear lights for front and right wheels are swapped.

I think for LSA I'd rather use the Aerosoft H36 Dimona X or the (now free) Flight1 C162 Skycatcher. They are slower and have a shorter range, but they have fewer problems, and are different enough from the larger GA aircraft I have to warrant switching to them.

So I'm uninstalling again, but I still would love to hear your further experiences with the WT9.

Spent a bit of time with the Kodiak. The power surge can be corrected by decreasing "fuel_flow_gain =" to 0.01 instead of 0.037. This makes overall spooling slower, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Fixing the switches isn't easy since MCX swallows other switches' mouse rectangles during compilation. Frustrating.

I fly FSX:SE full screen with DX10 enabled = no tooltips. Thanks for the info Thomas.

Mark Robinson

Spending a bit of time with the Dynamic WT9 at the moment.

- The nav/strobe light bug can be quickly fixed by changing to the default FSX lights in the aircraft.cfg

- The landing gear on the fixed gear version is indeed retractable.

- The altimeter correctly displays a metric - hPa and imperial - inHg combination

- The wrong tooltip on the Kollsman knob is built into the model and therefor can't be fixed

- The gear indicator is a matter of swapping the gauge name in the panel.cfg

- The fuel selector clickspots make it unusable, the animation is bugged but the tooltip works. With a keyboard-based workaround, switching tanks can be done correctly (as confirmed by the tooltip).