Sign in to follow this  
Terblanche

[AGAIN!!] P3D4 PMDG

Say what you want P3D4 ... this is what my FSX looks like on a normal day!

As I said - the only thing missing is cloud and cockpit shadows. For the rest my FSX hasn't had an OOM for years and it runs pretty much 30 FPS locked all the way.

Just for juice - this was a few nights ago ... FSX, Tromso (Aerosoft), NorwayLC (ORBX), PMDG 738

cFL1fm.jpg

Terblanche Jordaan

DSR doesn't work in windowed mode I believe which is a requirement of mine and doesn't it make all the text super tiny??

Thomas Derbyshire

2 hours ago, lodestar said:

However, i uninstalled FSX finally

I'm a long, LOOOOONG way from uninstalling FSX simply because I have 287 payware airports in my library and there is NO way in heaven or hell that P3D4 will get to that number in the next 10 years and going back to default airports is just not going to happen for me soon.

1 hour ago, georgiosgiannoukos said:

I use a 1080ti with p3d4 4XSAA and shadows in the cockpit are shaking. What that means? Is that normal? My fps are stable 30-35 day-night with DL on.

The only thing it bothers me is som flickering witch I don't know how to prevent it, or are my settings wrong?

That's what I refer to when I talk about the shimmering in P3D ... 4xSSAA does help but "when the night comes ..." ♪♫ {Bryan Adams} then all dies a sudden death and you're back on MS&A or kill the DL before the last breath settles in.

33 minutes ago, warriorpilot said:

Are you guys trying DSR 2.0 with MSAA 4?

When I had the GTX1070 I had no shimmering and great FPS with that setting.

Are you on a 4K monitor ...?

Terblanche Jordaan

19 minutes ago, Terblanche said:

I'm a long, LOOOOONG way from uninstalling FSX simply because I have 287 payware airports in my library and there is NO way in heaven or hell that P3D4 will get to that number in the next 10 years and going back to default airports is just not going to happen for me soon.

I can undestand this. I was thinking about using AFCADS only for some time since i care more about flying, but Naaaah.... I belive it can be done.

When you have time, can you please post your CPU speed and settings for P3D V4? I'm just curious, becouse those are mine:

No tweaks, and i have now shadow quality and draw distance set to medium, and my locked 30fps stays there during the entire flight with NGX(even at take off / landing at FlyTampa Airports). Like i stated before, i have DL off, but i'm curious about overall performance.

P.S. Sorry, i realized it's off toppic :blush: , i'll wait for my RAM and GPU before i post again here

12 minutes ago, lodestar said:

When you have time, can you please post your CPU speed and settings for P3D V4? I'm just curious, becouse those are mine:

My CPU is a bit on the 'old' side i7 4790 3.6GHz with 32GB RAM with a GTX1070 (8GB) the rest of my P3D4 settings are .......

[DISPLAY]

The same as yours except AA on 4xSSAA during the day and 2xSSAA at night DL = OFF

[WORLD]

• Level of detail = MAX
  • TF = HIGH
  • Mesh = 2m
  • TR = 7cm
  • Scenery Complex = DENSE
  • Autogen = HIGH
  • Autogen Veg & Buiding = NORMAL
  • Special FX = MEDIUM

[LIGHTING]

• HDR = OFF [it looks unnatural and eat FPS] and I use PTA
  • DL = OFF
  • Shadow Quality = LOW
  • Shadow Draw = MED
  • Internal External Vehicle = CAST & RECEIVE
  • Clouds = CAST

[WEATHER]

Same as yours

PS: in the prepar3d.cfg I still have the following because on my rig it does make a difference.

[JOBSCHEDULER]
AffinityMask=85

Terblanche Jordaan

Guys

I also had very bad frames with P3Dv4 and Dynamic Lighting on. But only until I checked my Nvidia Inspector settings.
There was a left over from P3Dv3..... so reset the Prepare3D settings in inspector to default and try again!

Bruno

Bruno 

15 hours ago, Terblanche said:

All I want to say is this - LM will have to rework/reprogram this whole Dynamic Lights system of theirs. On my very decent  system with GTX 1070 the FPS plummet down a mine shaft when you switch them on. During the day my FPS is locked at 30 and it remains on 29+ all the way with 2xSSAA and 'Use High Res' on and most sliders full or 75% ... BUT at night the FPS dies a brutal death! Even with MSAA and High Res OFF it hovers below 20 FPS. When you switch the DL off it's back to normal but then you loose landing/taxi lights and all other effects that begs the question: if DL is suppose to have its effect at night then why be the killer?

This is NOT the PMDG 738 but the whole DL system in general and in particular.

I hope PMDG and other developers are in contact with LM to sort this out.

#gatvol

Same issue!!

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

14 minutes ago, bakerman said:

Guys

I also had very bad frames with P3Dv4 and Dynamic Lighting on. But only until I checked my Nvidia Inspector settings.
There was a left over from P3Dv3..... so reset the Prepare3D settings in inspector to default and try again!

Bruno

I have come from FSX SE so not touched NI profile for P3D.

Thomas Derbyshire

@Terblanche Thanks, i'm going to investigate it today. For the record, I get blurries if i use AM to exclude any core with my 2700K at 4.9Ghz. 

Is it someone to help me avoid shimmering in p3d4 ?

I7 6700 GPU 1080ti 4K tv , please anyone?

is it because of the settings? Wrong configuration?

26 minutes ago, georgiosgiannoukos said:

Turn the glutton Dynamic Lights OFF and pump up your graphics to 4xSSAA and see if it makes a difference ...

Look at @lodestar settings above.

Terblanche Jordaan

33 minutes ago, georgiosgiannoukos said:

......... and it seems, what we've gained from FSX to P3D we've lost in shimmering. It's an annoying fact if you don't have a 4K monitor - which I don't plan to buy soon.  

Terblanche Jordaan

GPU 1080tiI try DSR 2,5 and there are no more flickering ggreat fps smoothness and honestly best. FPS around 30-38 in VC and 45-50 external view. DL on and almost max settings.

Great!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

Unfortunately 4K on a larger screen eg 50 inch plus doesn't get rid of shimmering unless you use 4 MSAA and 4 SGSS in NVIDIA Inspector, but with that plus dynamic lights FPS collapses into single digits on my setup (4770K OC 4.4 /980ti) .  To be able to see NGX landing lights illuminating the runway I have had to settle for 2MSAA and 2SGSS - still too much shimmering but at night in real life city lights shimmer to some extent in the distance so I will put up with it.  Also if you use Orbx lights you have to play round with the lights configurator to get a satisfactory look and the HDR settings in P3D need some adjusting. Not really all that impressed about the way we are forced to use dynamic lighting with PMDG aircraft if we want landing lights to work as lights - forces compromises I would rather not make and are unnecessary with default aircraft.

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."