Sign in to follow this  
Guest codrivermike

Problem with Hong Kong VHHH

Guest codrivermike

I have downloaded and installed vhhh2005b.zip Thomas Kwongs latest Chek lap kok airport and I have a problem where the taxiway signage is appearing in the middle of the taxiways. If you look at the pics in the two links you will see what I meanhttp://www.michaelwest.fotopic.net/p25783577.htmlhttp://www.michaelwest.fotopic.net/p25783578.htmlVery strange. Now as far as I know I followed the instructions correctly. The only afcad file refering to Chek Lap Kok in my add-on scenery/scenery folder is the one that Thomas has supplied vhhh_af2.bgl I removed the ultimate traffic AF2 file so there would be no conflict.Any advice would be appreciatedBest regardsMichael

What you are looking at is the default AFCAD. That is not Thomas's work as his is all custom made. It looks like it's there but is at a lower layer than the default taxiways, etc.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Guest codrivermike

Thanks CC. You pointed me in the right direction there. Thomas's instructions tell me to place the airport in the main fs9 scenery folder and to edit the scenery.cfg to add the airport. However I have now moved the vhhh2005b folder to the fs9 addon scenery folder and added using the add scenery feature. This seems to have done the trick and now I can get down the taxiways without swerving around the signs.Thanks once again.Michael