Sign in to follow this  
georgio1952

FS Global Real Weather

In their Forums it was stated that they are working on it. It seems that it is more complicated that they thought and therefore it takes more time. I almost lost my patience to be honest, but as I do not have much time for simming those days, I keep waiting. But if they do not update soon, I will step over to ASky.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

As it will be a new version and we have to pay again anyway, I stepped over to Active Sky already. I am not expecting a generous upgrade price and so the decision was easy. The lack of communication was kind of disturbing to me as a weather add-on is really essential.

• Upvote 1

Georgian Virtual Airports (UGMS Mestia / UGGT Telavi / UGAM Ambrolauri)

The only real advantage  to FSWGRW is that it could inject weather into multiple  flight sims including both P3d V3 and XP11.

8 hours ago, officercrockey said:

As it will be a new version and we have to pay again anyway

David, where did you read this, I can't seem to find anything on their Website or forum that mentions this? Could you post the source?

Thanks - Martin

FSGRW uses FSUIPC 4 to connect to FSX and P3d, so the developer has to figure out FSUIPC 5 which is designed for 64 bit sims.

12 hours ago, MartinRex007 said:

David, where did you read this, I can't seem to find anything on their Website or forum that mentions this? Could you post the source?

Thanks - Martin

Hello Martin,

check this article:

http://www.airdailyx.net/fsnewsbreaker/2017/6/11/pilots-boeing-b314-clipper-and-fs-global-real-weather-v2?rq=fsgrw

It is written on their website also...

• Upvote 1

Georgian Virtual Airports (UGMS Mestia / UGGT Telavi / UGAM Ambrolauri)

Thanks David, I missed that. Be curious to see what the new version offers? I've always like the simplicity of FSGRW, but will also look at Active Sky!

Cheers

Martin

iFly just released the 747 in v4. Just like the 737, you can use ACARS wx download during flight. Very handy. 

Grest that if I use FSX amd want to try p3d or use both, I can switch pretty effortlessly using it.