Sign in to follow this  
tripo

Christchurch AFCAD help

Anyone have a decent AFCAD for Ian Warrens version of Christchurch New Zealand? I believe Im using version two and cant find an afcad that works. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.Hornit

Hornit,If you are talking about the bumpy taxiways, and the lack of parking here.AFIK the problem at NZCH is not in the AFCAD, I read somewhere that it is an issue with the secenery, apparently a fix is being worked on.I have tried different AFCAD's and no joy with any of them.Bill

Bill

Guest SimonR

I have found a possible solution for this problem.This problem happens to me under the following conditions:Using addon airport.Using addon Aircraft.Taxing out of an area of dense scenery.My solution:The problem seems to be caused by some sort of conflict between the original "STOCK" airport and the addon. I fixed it by deleting the "STOCK" airport.Using AFCAD2 I did the following:Go to the country where the airport is.Open the relevant City.A list of airports in that city will show up on the right side of the AFCAD screen. The "Type" column contains the word "MOD" or "STOCK".Open the stock version of your problem airport. Right click in an empty area of the grid. From the resulting popup, select properties. At the bottom of the resulting display, you will see the file location and name which contains that airport. Example "C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9SceneryEURWsceneryAPnnnnnn.BGL", where "n" is a number. This is the file you will need to remove.Warning, there may be other airports in this file. If there are other "STOCK" airports, do the following:Open each one in AFCAD and then do file, save as and save it in the same directory that the original ".bgl" file was in. Repeat this for all stock airports in the ".bgl" except your problem one.You can now get rid of the original ".bgl" ,(APnnnnnn.bgl), identified above. I suggest you just rename it by changing the ".bgl" file extension to ".agl"If you back into AFCAD for the city in question, you may find that some of the airports are duplicated with a value in the "Level" column of 7. If this happens than delete the file you just created foe that airport.That's all there is to it.