Sign in to follow this  
phiriz

Livery Downloader Issue

Hi, I am having an issue where I have been unable to download some liveries (especially if I have never downloaded them before) using the Livery Downloader. I have olny tried this with the 777 (P3dv4). I uninstalled al my PMDG products and installed with latest installers and still cannot. download liveries.

I thought I might try removing everything PMDG and install from scratch but that seems to have made thing worse. Now I cannot download any liveries at all using the Ops Center. Has anyone faced this issue or have any suggestions.

Regards,

Zachi Phiri

Zachi Phiri

Never remove pmdg unless told to do so as this can and often causes more problems then you started with

nake sure u run the operation centre as admin

also make sure ur antivirus isn't blocking the program 

Stewart Cumbers

1 hour ago, donkey20048 said:

Never remove pmdg unless told to do so as this can and often causes more problems then you started with

nake sure u run the operation centre as admin

also make sure ur antivirus isn't blocking the program 

HI Stewart,

Check all that before I resorted to uninstalling PMDG but it didn't help.

Zachi Phiri

Zachi Phiri

Do you have any messages or alerts in the Operations Center? When ever you uninstall a PMDG product, all the liveries are preserved and just need to be "repaired" after a reinstall. The Gear icon top right will have your fix. Click the drop down arrow and choose repair.. IIRC. Has worked for me every time. 

Hi Jon. Thanks for the response. Initially that was the case but I could not download some other liveries. I did remove all PMDG folders in an attempt to start afresh and re-installed the 77L and 77W with the new installers but cannot download the liveries. The Ops Center does not indicate any issue. When I attempt a download it sayings "downloading" and then just about immediately stops.

Zachi Phiri

Hello Zach, 

Not sure about that one, hopefully somebody else will know how to fix that. Maybe there are still some rogue files associated with the liveries you're trying to install. Are there any liveries that you can install? 

On 16/07/2017 at 1:30 AM, InTheAir said:

Hello Zach, 

Not sure about that one, hopefully somebody else will know how to fix that. Maybe there are still some rogue files associated with the liveries you're trying to install. Are there any liveries that you can install? 

Hi Jon, before removing all the PMDG folders I was able to download almost all the liveries but it seemed as though if it was one I had never downloaded before I could not download it. Yesterday I realized that even the updates shown in the OC were behaving the same way when I tried to download them. This was after using the new installers. I have opened a support ticket with PMDG so hopefully there will be a resolution soon. Thanks for your help anyway.

Zachi Phiri