Sign in to follow this  
drayton_k

Captains PFD texture problem then CTD

I have just had yet another CTD with the latest version of the 747 in P3d V4.

Started descent and opened up the captains PFD as I always do and I noticed the textures were not showing correctly. I could see ground textures instead of the gauge display. After a little while I had the message that the sim had stopped responding.

Eventwr showed the usual NTDLL.DLL error.

I have updated my graphics drivers too just in case.

This is the second time now that I have had a CTD using the 747, I have not managed to do a complete flight yet. Always in the descent does the sim stop.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks 

Keith Mann

49 minutes ago, drayton_k said:

I have just had yet another CTD with the latest version of the 747 in P3d V4.

Started descent and opened up the captains PFD as I always do and I noticed the textures were not showing correctly. I could see ground textures instead of the gauge display. After a little while I had the message that the sim had stopped responding.

Eventwr showed the usual NTDLL.DLL error.

I have updated my graphics drivers too just in case.

This is the second time now that I have had a CTD using the 747, I have not managed to do a complete flight yet. Always in the descent does the sim stop.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks 

Keith Mann

NTDLL crashes aren't down to the 747. Looks like something else isn't compatible and causing the crash. Try disabling all 3rd party scenery

Sorry, I don't agree. The first crash I had was in a virgin install of P3D V4 and no addon scenery at all. This last CTD, I have installed ORBX Global and no addon scenery. Why would scenery corrupt the PFD display?

Oh I forgot to mention, my Son who also has the 747 had the same CTD during descent, albeit on a different route and another day. It seems to link with the opening of the PFD displays.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, drayton_k said:

Sorry, I don't agree. The first crash I had was in a virgin install of P3D V4 and no addon scenery at all. This last CTD, I have installed ORBX Global and no addon scenery. Why would scenery corrupt the PFD display?

Oh I forgot to mention, my Son who also has the 747 had the same CTD during descent, albeit on a different route and another day. It seems to link with the opening of the PFD displays.

Because if it was the 744, everyone who has it would be seeing the crash. Plus, the NTDLL is not a PMDG module.

I have this problem with the captain's PFD also.  Always on flights of 2 hours or more.  Never on the shorter flights.  I have just, less than 5 minutes ago, had it happen again in P3D v4 doing KEWR-TAPA, so was doing a google search to see if anyone else had this problem and happened upon this thread.  Glad to know that at least 2 other people have this issue too...

Aaron

-oOo-

3 minutes ago, Panman said:

I have this problem with the captain's PFD also.  Always on flights of 2 hours or more.  Never on the shorter flights.  I have just, less than 5 minutes ago, had it happen again in P3D v4 doing KEWR-TAPA, so was doing a google search to see if anyone else had this problem and happened upon this thread.  Glad to know that at least 2 other people have this issue too...

Aaron

-oOo-

Are you running the latest update?

FYI, PMDG require your full name on the forums.

Don't use the left PFD popup.  Known problem since P3Dv3.1 or thereabouts although this is the first I've heard that the popup doesn't display the PFD, that is interesting. Regardless, use the FO PFD if you need a popup.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi,

Is this similar to what you see? 

http://forums.tfdidesign.com/index.php?/topic/2431-instrument-panel-going-blank-mid-flight/ . I realise this is for TFDI 717 but the developer states in this thread that it appears to have been caused by FSDT add on manager. If you have any FSDT or other addons  that use the add on manager it might be worth temporarily removing it to see if you have any further issues.

I have the 747 and a number of FSDT products and haven't personally had any issues but most of my flights have been around the 2-3 hour mark. I also make sure to use the FSDT updater before every flight, again if you haven't updated it in a while might be worth trying that too.

As I said just seemed a similar case so may help, who knows, lol

Steve Mckenna

39 minutes ago, egntpilot said:

I also make sure to use the FSDT updater before every flight,

There is a downside to using the FSDT updater, if you use custom AFCADs for such things as correcting navaid errors and customizing apron paths for pushback, then the FSDT update will remove all those AFCADs and replace with it's own errors and all.. and I spend 10-15 min recompiling and putting the custom files back into place.  I've complained to them, hope they listen.

A texture issue like this is likely a problem with global texture definitions.  The FSDT installer for some odd reason puts an addon component link to each  scenery and texture folder instead of just to the airport parent folder.  There is no reason to do that and it can lead to problems.  the exception is KMEM which does require the link to textures to work but it has more serious problems asknowledged by FSDT and update is forthcoming.

When I was learning how to use the addon method, I ended up giving my whole airplane foreign textures like your display units... looked really cool on the BE-58 Twin Baron where the prop discs looked like swirling palm tree fonds.  It was funny but only after I figured out the problem was the ordering of textures.

Dan Downs KCRP

3 minutes ago, downscc said:

When I was learning how to use the addon method, I ended up giving my whole airplane foreign textures like your display units... looked really cool on the BE-58 Twin Baron where the prop discs looked like swirling palm tree fonds.  It was funny but only after I figured out the problem was the ordering of textures.

Can we get that as an airline option for the DC-6?!

1 hour ago, egntpilot said:

Hi Dan,

dont know if you're aware but the FSDT updater has been changed so you can tell it to not to update  or overwrite your custom AFCAD's

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,16114.0.html

hope this helps

Steve Mckenna

Thanks Steve, but as all the posters in that thread complained, FSDT still updates the AFCAD unless you remove the entire airport from updates.  His product, his rules, customers are wrong.  The primary two reasons I update AFCADs is because the ILS are wrong (usually DME if not missing are in wrong location and back courses are enabled, GS is usually in wrong location, etc) and I like to customize some of the pushbacks as described in the GSX manual.  In otherwords,  he isn't fixing the navaids so he considers my changes corrections to navaids and to pushback as part of the GSX options to be wrong and should be replaced.  You got me going again.  Best to drop it.  Just rerun ADE and compile the AFCADs and copy them to the folders and turn off the FSDT files and we're done in 10 min.

Dan Downs KCRP

I experience Drayton's problem without the texture issues (which were addressed in the SP/hotfix from LM).  I get a consistent CTD on descent on a STAR in the 747, always around 25000 to 27000 feet.  I can save the flight before this and resume from save. This is every flight now.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

3 minutes ago, ahuimanu said:

I experience Drayton's problem without the texture issues (which were addressed in the SP/hotfix from LM).  I get a consistent CTD on descent on a STAR in the 747, always around 25000 to 27000 feet.  I can save the flight before this and resume from save. This is every flight now.

Is it the same star that you get the crash at or can it be any star?

2 minutes ago, PMDG777 said:

Is it the same star that you get the crash at or can it be any star?

Different STARS.  2 weeks ago, I tried EDDP to KMEM 5 nights in a row.  No matter what STAR, CTD at around 25000 to 27000 feet.  I got it today going from EDDP to KCLT.  I am suspecting either the 747, the EDDP scenery (Digital Design) or FSDT (they have both KMEM and KCLT).  However, I can complete the same flights without drama with the 777F.

Thanks for the reply.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.